Dodge WC 62

11 Likes

Nice photos. Thank you for sharing them with us. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We still had some in service in reserve battalions in the mid to late 80’s. They were fun to drive

1 Like

5 Likes

Thank you for the photos Reynier. I love that first picture. It definitely has a weighted down, lived in look. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My buddy has one. They ARE fun to drive! They are also indestructible, almost.

2 Likes

Just don’t hook your thumbs in the steering wheel or a bump could bust them… :joy:

3 Likes

YES! You can always tell a veteran off-road driver because they will place their thumbs on the outside of the steering wheel.

2 Likes

I got transferred to a reserve battalion that was transitioning from the old Sherman based mortar carriers to the m109’s they had tons of WWII equipment half-tracks, m32’s old dodge ambulances Kaiser ambulances etc.
And a slew of Duce and a halfs the half-tracks were modernized with diesel engines and power steering and so are some of the deuces well, I had to move a couple of deuces in the first two were power steering so you know one finger no problem steering going through the ditch that surrounded their parking area went back for the third one and I’ve never driven one without the power steering and hit that ditch and the wheel spun faster than I’ve seen a wheel spin and it took my thumb with it broke it so hard that swelled up like Mike Tyson’s boxing glove got a short vacation out of that one thank God the base was only 5 mi from my home at the time but I learned my lesson

I also got to learn how to drive Sherman’s they were upgraded but still had to learn how to double clutch and everything else in the m32 things a beast

1 Like