Does anyone make Panther decals black 202 with white outline 1/35

Thank you for any help.

Archer did
Archer AR35040B - German WWII Turret Numbers (Black with White Outline)
Whilst Archer are gone, some places still have stock and of course, there is Evilbay:

They were but I keep hearing reports Archer is back but not run by Woody. I believe it’s a rail fan so the raised items would be coming back, not sure about the rest.

1 Like

To be honest, for some time now I’ve tended to hand paint my German tactical numbers, including on my version of the Bovingdon Tiger II (see photo). It requires practice and a steady hand, but has several advantages, especially if you are dealing with Zimmerit. Firstly, it can be very hard to get transfers “snuggled down” fully on Zimmerit, even with a transfer solvent such as Decalfix, leading to silvering, unless you use Future or WHY first. This is unnecessary if you paint them on and takes out a finishing stage. Secondly, transfers can look “too good”. Many of the crews applying numbers were short on time or skill, or both and their results can be a bit “ragged”. By painting them yourself, you are following prototypical practice and they will look more realistic IMHO. BTW, the cross was hand painted too!

7 Likes

I take my hat off to you. I have tried a few times and the results were terrible.

Another option is to make a stencil and spray through it. If you know someone whose wife is into crafting, number stencils can be easily made out of tape on a Cricut type machine.

2 Likes

Yes, you’re right. Didn’t Eduard or someone similar make masks of numbers, crosses, divisional signs and even tac marks? Haven’t seen any mention of them for a while though.

2 Likes

Some years back, I bought stainless steel stencils from Alliance Model Works, a European company. They had numbers and then outlines to fit over them for two color markings.

2 Likes

Yes, but unfortunately I believe AMW closed up. Some of their sets are still around with a few retailers.

1 Like

I’m not sure about which manufacturers are available. I’d check with www.Andy’sHHQ.com. HHQ stands for Hobby Headquarters. Another source would be BNA Models in Australia. They actually offer better prices and mail rates. Finally, why not print them yourself?

Bill

1 Like