East & West Shops Towers on the Buffalo Western

Very aesthetically appealing and authentic paint Scheme you have there. I forgot that Erie used a lot of green. Where I lived up in indiana, driving around Decatur there’s a Erie concrete coalng tower. I can’t remember seeing any of their depots standing. Might be a few but I don’t remember finding one. But I recall I always liked Erie buildings and the colors they used. I have to admit I really like the buff and brown of the Pennsy, but I want something a little more unique for my freelance railroad.

I settled on a hooker-hunter green hue (“Pennyrile Green”) for the main color, with dark red/burgundy trim. A few of the fancier stations receive a yellow and maybe even fourth color, but I haven’t really nailed that down yet. I decided that the non-public buildings, like you, we receive it more work a day Paint job. That may be where the buff and brown comes in. Or maybe Barn red. I can’t remember which railroad it is, Burlington maybe? But they’re out buildings and section buildings tended to be a regular old Caboose/barn red, while stations were more colorful.