Editing posts?

I’ve honestly tried to find an answer without posting one of these questions. It’s a lot to get used to and learn but I’m liking it so far.

Anyway, is there a way to edit posts? Particularly ones in the buy and sell forum? I was trying to remove some sold items. I saw the pencil which brought up an edit done by the system but I didn’t see anywhere for me to edit.

Thanks for any help and a big thanks for the site overhaul!

It shouldn’t work any different on the buy/sell subgroup. At the bottom of your post, there should be a heart, chain and then pencil plus three dots. If you can edit you should see a pencil. That allows you to edit the thread. You should be able to remove text/sold items. There is probably a strike through options as well but I haven’t looked.

HTH

The answer is here:

Read about what users at trust level 2 can do.
You are not there yet but it doesn’t take much effort to get to level 2.
Yes, I know, it feels childish (#metoo)
Discourse uses this method to make life difficult for spammers.

Thanks for the assist 1812. I saw the heart and chain and some other things but no pencil at the bottom. The trash can was greyed out so I can’t delete.

I see Robin is about to reply too. This is all so cool.

How to f**k with someones mind: open an edit window, type, delete, back and forth but don’t submit the Reply :sunglasses:

I was a ding dong head and when I was reviewing a thread I created I say what you where talking about. Glad Robin could help out, I am going back to the corner.

Thanks Robin, I figured it had something to do with that.
All these fancy new terms to figure out…I don’t even know what I’m supposed to be searching for. :thinking: :smiley:

Just ask in this forum. An answered question can be a learning experince for the person providing the answer and for others who might read the topic.

1 Like