Enemy in sight, 1944

Yo! This is my first attempt ever to do such small bricks in 1/72, have only made bigger ones before.
I got a feeling of that this will work, right!? It’s “brick time” :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Amazing work in 1/72nd scale , I have enough trouble seeing in 1/35th .

2 Likes

Thanks @Cheyenne Well a good pair of eyes and a needle is all that you need… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Erik! You fix the bricks very good in this scale so you will not have any problems in 1:35. Nice figure / keep on the god work

1 Like

Incredible work in 1:72

2 Likes

Thanks guys!
Tonight I continued the work. I made a “ground” for the building, worked with the door entrance and tested to make cobblestones.

So far I have a great flow and a great time working with this diorama in 1/72.
When I stopped tonight it looked like this.

Cheers, Erik

7 Likes

Wow! very nice all around - and in 1/72! wow, looking forward to your next post -

Cheers
Nick

1 Like

Thanks Nick!
This morning I got up early to make some progress. I have begin to paint/weathering the gate and I added the letters KRUPP on the wall. I fixed them with varnish, I hope the stay in place?? I will paint them later.
Ps the concrete “thing” to the right of the gate is not ready yet.
Over and out!image

4 Likes

Amazing work Erik. The whole feeling is more industrial…I think removing the tree worked as well :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @Johnnych01 , I can’t get that statue of my mind…, will see…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really like the setting113

2 Likes

It was a long time ago I was this active in building, I think this forum has given me a boost:), thanks all!

Today I have worked with the brick wall, I made some small things but the big result was by a regular black wash. I really like it, I hope you do as well…? Did I give you an option here :rofl:

I am working on a gutter as well, that’s not ready yet. I also did some weathering on the gate.
I have put a sort of pipe or chimney to the left of the gate.
What do you think of that? I am not sure, I want to reinforce the industrial feeling.

Over and out!
PS never mind the poster, it’s just a test.

6 Likes

Love all this detailing and subtle changes you make that add to it all.
2 things as a purely personal opinion.

1. Would you have that large a pipe directly behind a gate ? I’m thinking logistics of gate opening, moving stuff in and out etc. If you you keep the pipe (which I actually like) could it not made to look like it’s coming out the wall higher up in an elbow joint ?? Or move the pipe to an area on the facing wall where tree was ?
  2. The gates. Although they genuinely look great closed, is there a possibility that with close street fighting and combat one might of been damaged and at an angle hanging on by one hinge ?

This was just me thinking outside my very small box lol… And it is just an opinion…I can’t wait for the next instalment … And the statue does look cool … Love the weathered look it has :+1:

1 Like

Great feedback John!
You’re right of course:) The original plan was to have every building intact. I mean in every city the buildings are intact until the battle has started. (excluding air and artillery bombardment)
In almost every diorama the buildings are destroyed more or less, it’s interesting to sometimes do something else.

But, in this case it definitely be more interesting if the gate is a little bit opened, maybe a German soldier is coming out of it? I will also test different type of pipes on the wall etc.
I will see what’s possible, give me a day or two :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi, I have two new mock-ups.
No 1 you see that I have opened the gate, changed to smaller pipes, put some sort of “thing” on the wall instead of the statue and put some things on the ground. Everything is just a test yet.

No 2 The same as no 1 but here the top of the left building has been blow up and a lot of parts of the building is on the ground. Also just a test.

Please tell me what you think of this.
/Erik

2 Likes

For me it is definitely No1 … Very realistic and the right amount of movement and elements to draw your eye. The repositioned pipework and the new box with 2 vent pipes looks great. And the open gate gives it a sense of action and movement :+1:

1 Like

Thanks John:)
We have option no 3, blown building with gate damage.
I work from home right now, take a minute or two sometime to figure this out:)

2 Likes

I really like the gate blown off and laying on the ground, but I also love the pipe work on the wall and under the box…
But … This is your build Erik … And whatever you finish up with will be great as are all the rest you’ve shown us :+1:

1 Like

Thanks John, sorry I took the pipes off not for excluding them, it was because they would not damage the wall painting.
I will think of the 3 or more options I have:) Thank you so much for the feedback! /Erik

Ps There is a great advantage to keep the buildings intact, in that way it’s possible to change figures and the whole scenario etc in the future. I can add a vehicle or whatever.

1 Like

Hi Erik,

I missed this post, having seen some of your excellent work in the 1/72nd group build I hadn’t realised you’d got this one running, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Great builds to follow, your work is an inspiration to all ‘Braille’ scale followers, :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

1 Like