(Eric's)Egyptian T-34/100 Buddy Build-Academy/Accurate Armor-1/35th

Started a buddy build project with my buddy Bruce …The Egyptian T-34/100. For this build Bruce and I will only work on it when we can get together therefor it will be a bit slower then normal. We’ll both use the same base kits. The Accurate Armor conversion, Academy T-34/85 and the Trumpeter BS-3 100mm gun. All though I’m still awaiting delivery of the Accurate Armor kit we did get started. Work began with the fitting of the Verlinden interior kit and assembly of the lower hull. Here are a few pics of the inspiration vehicle and my progress thus far.

Be sure to check out Bruce’s thread (when he get around to posting it).
Thanks for stopping by
:nerd_face:

2 Likes

Sets for Dragon’s T-34s fit the Academy kits well?

It does! of course here is a little bit of fiddling and trimming but nothing to crazy. Definitely a good starting point for an interior.

Received my order of the Accurate Armor T34/100 conversion kit. Inspection of the parts showed that resin castings are quite good considering the age of this kit. Oh sure there where a couple of warped and broken parts but nothing major and can’t be fixed. But the turret is in excellent condition without any warpage nor broken areas…so it’s all good to go.

While I’m not to work on the kit, I couldn’t help myself. I did some dry fitting to see how everything went together. I have to say over all I’m quit happy so far.

Thanks For Stopping By!
:v: :nerd_face:

1 Like

Had a build day yesterday with my buddy Bruce. We worked of assembling the major elements of the interior. I primarily used the interior from Accurate Armor and Bruce used the Verlinden kit. I constructed the interior so that I can remove it for further detailing and painting. Once that is completed then it will be permanently fixed into the lower hull. Doesn’t look like a lot but took most of the day making sure everything fit good.

Thanks for Stopping By!

2 Likes

Eric looking good d see I far. Are those boxes on the floor for ammunition?

Thank You Sir.
In deed they are ammo lockers for 100mm. Probably hold 2 maybe 3 rounds each. There is also and ammo rack for ready rounds in the turret.

Not the best picture but you get the idea.

Had another build day on the ol 34/100. Got the hull interior mostly wrapped up with only a couple of things left to do. Then it will be on to paint and weathering before mounting into the hull.

Thanks for Stopping By!

3 Likes

A few years back before any T34/100mm parts were available, I had scratched built a turret to a T34 from black and white photos I took while actually at Latrun. After looking around through boxed up builds, I can’t find my built sheet. Another words, the information about where the Latrun T34/100 was captured, has been lost. Can anyone help fill the voids/blanks where and when the T34/100 was captured, and what Egyptian unit “owned” it? Any/all help would be most appreciated!

7untitled

Started the Painting the interior. This is my first serious attempt at “Hairspray” chipping with VMS new chipping medium. It looks a bit rough at the moment but hope the weathering will pull it together.

Thanks For Stopping By

4 Likes

Great job with the interior.

1 Like

Finished the oil rendering for the interior. I think it came good enough since most of it will not be seen…but it was fun to do nonetheless.

Thanks For Stopping By

2 Likes

This pass week I managed to finish up the lower interior. Overall I’m satisfied with how it turned out…soon it will be buttoned up never to be seen again…oh well. Also got the tracks on and a couple to peeps built up from Miniart.

As Always…Thanks for Stopping By!!

3 Likes

Impressive progress sir. :+1:

1 Like

Had a productive day back at the bench. Started and fitted the main gun for this beast. The kit for the gun is from Trumpeter the Russian M1944 100mm ATG. Not a bad piece of kit but a lot of itty-bity parts so slow going is the order of the day. Had a heck of a time getting the gun into the turret, it just wasn’t happing. :vmad: Took a 30min break, came back and it dropped right in…go figure :bm:

Thanks for Stopping By

ASig00

1 Like