F-100D Super Sabre

I hear you on the parts count. Have you seen the work I’ve done on “Red hand’s” B-17F Luscious Lady?

Will continue to follow your progress Brother.

1 Like

No I havent , but you have my attention. Please send a link.
I think I am going to do a Liberator soon and loose my mind on it.
My grandfather was a waist gunner on Libs over Europe.

1 Like

@HGBARNES . I have to apologize for my ignorance with aircraft and the threads on here for them.
I’m not normally a aircraft builder. Only ever built a few wingy thingies before .
Normally armor and scratch dio work is what I do.

1 Like

If you want to see insanity, here’s 10 years of it. Full interior (done by Brian), scratched wheel bays including the tail wheel, scratched ball turret interior with up 200 parts, full rivet and panel lines, hand made flush windows and aftermarket improved engines and props. Worth a look.

No apology necessary, who has the time?

2 Likes
1 Like

I needed to play with some paint.
This is one of the wing tanks.
The are being weathered a tad heavier than the rest of the bird .
Having problems with lighting today will get better pics soon.

3 Likes

This is the before and after for the wing tanks . Also started adding some color to the engine

6 Likes

Great progress Chris, just discovered the thread. Will definitely be following along :smiley:

1 Like

@litespeed . Thank you . I will try to keep it interesting.

1 Like

Got a bit more scratch work on the tail section interior. Excuse my hands in the pics .
Also scratched a revetment wall section I will cast and make multiple for the base.

5 Likes

Just a little update . Been working at getting some color on the bird.
I am just a simple armor builder trying to live in a aircraft builders world… Lol

5 Likes

That looks so impressive :smiley:

1 Like

Oh mama! Chris that’s looking very fine.

Don . Thank you brother

1 Like

Tim. It is slowly getting there.

1 Like

Started with the markings and once again just pics from the bench.

7 Likes

AMAZING Chris!
The color variation in the paint is just spectacular looking! I cant wait to see this beast finished.

Thank you brother. It is at the slow stage now

1 Like

Some quick pics from the bench.
Progress on the 1/32 F100 Super Sabre continues. Its a bit slow at this point bit getting there.

7 Likes

But its coming on very nicely, really impressed with the paintwork Chris :smiley:

2 Likes