FEATURE: Atomic Winter

Luc Harvey shares some pictures of his vignette entitled “Atomic Winter”. He writes:

This is my vignette that I titled “Atomic Winter”, something halfway between nuclear war and science fiction, scale 1/35. This project starts with two old DML kits, a BRDM-2 as the base and the turret from a BMP-1. I used some photoetched part for the BRDM-2 (Eduard) as well as many pieces from my spares box to give a weird look of this vehicle. The figure is from Meng with some modifications. I painted the vehicle with several different brands of acrylic paint and the base is made with insulation board with Tamiya textured paint (snow effect).

11 Likes

Really well executed dio…gives me the CHILLS!
Thanks for posting.

hahaha! I LOVE what you did there! Colin, (I’m going to guess that is your name…) that model is looking great! I, personally, always have wondered how people get soooo much detail. I mean, look at that figure!
Logan

Looks great. I never liked the Dragon kit. Can you tell us more about the “bunker entrance”?

For the bunker , i used an small pils tray as a mold fill with plaster, the door cam from dml BMP1 and various M113 parts

3 Likes

I knew those handles looked familiar!

:beer:

Very atmospheric. Burr.

Actually, this is a feature of a vignette done by Luc Harvey.