Fiat 697 Ejercito Argentino project 2022

I usually get tired of a long project like truck and trailer so I often range them with simpler and lighter projects, however the heart is not commanded.
In the 1/32 and 1/35 scales there are sometimes civilian engines that are sometimes also used in the military and it is a very tempting transformation.
The idea started a couple of years ago while I was looking for the cabin to build the new M915 and instead in my search I came across a vehicle from my childhood: the legendary Fiat 697. It was in fact possible to find many around the Italian trade. and among the toys was the reproduction of the Bardux … very well done.
The vehicle has never in fact been in service in the Italian army but was used by the Argentine army both as a tractor for the tank carriers and as a tractor for the artillery which was used both 4x6 and 6x6 I preferred to do the 6x6 version.
unfortunately I was unable to find information on the tank carrier so I decided to build the truck in the tractor version of artillery

5 Likes

I’m starting with a toy found in e-bay

2 Likes

disassembly the toy…

3 Likes

old sistem to erase paint: brake fluid!

2 Likes

nothing to do! paint is probably made with uranium…
I brush the cab with industrial paint stripper

3 Likes

now the cabin is clear, a small correction is requested

4 Likes

Trasmissin train must be managed…

2 Likes

wheels investigation is started

2 Likes

Great idea. Lots of potential.

internal cab needs more work…

I’m searching more realistic seats…

2 Likes

Well, this is different!

New interior, not complete but in fase of alignment

1 Like

chassis management LRGD front axle and hemtt suspension on… Diamond frame

1 Like

Front bumper in rework

1 Like

doors refiling

1 Like

it’s time to prepare wheels: my collection of Esci Pirelli is exausted. so I’m starting to prepare new wheels; not only for this truck but also for my Italian Greyhound and for Citefa Gun

2 Likes

in foundry !

2 Likes

artillery begins

3 Likes

wheelss!!

4 Likes

I close bubbles and voids