Fire for Effect!

That’s tremendous. White is stylish even when it isn’t winter camo! Nicely done all round.

2 Likes

Well done Johnny! It certainly does look the part and well used…

2 Likes

Fantastic finish John. Your washes are excellent. Just enough darkness to bring out the detail but not spoil the white. Looks tremendous. Nice build.

1 Like

Thank you kindly Matt - much appreciated mate,

And thanks also to Erwin, Phil & Bert @phil2015 @golikell @bwilt nice of you to look in and like the build :+1:

1 Like

Great build, Johnny! Very nice weathering - especially considering the white base which can sometimes be a difficult base to work on.

Congrats on finishing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Jesper ---- appreciated. I tried very hard not to overdo the washes or weathering to try and keep in line with the images of the white wagon you see online.

2 Likes

Great job John. Good to see you able to finish it.

1 Like

A lot of hemming and hawing about the barrel color. The various versions of “blacken-it” just didn’t work out. I decided to just prime and then paint using Dark Iron. I’m contemplating giving it a very light overspray of flat black - very light, but enough for some contrast? I think it’ll work as a display piece.

Mike

p.s. Dang, I still have to cast that one wheel cap. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Nice colours Mike

2 Likes

She’s turned out looking superb John. The grime and weathering looks spot on to me. A challenge for these UN vehicles. That gun and turret look sooooo big!

2 Likes

Cheers Terry. The gun and turret do look a bit mismatched on the hull… But that adds to it’s quirkiness I think

2 Likes

It looks nice, but I really don’t know what color such pieces are supposed to be…

1 Like

I have a couple more pieces to add, cast the hub piece, and build the tools for the bore.

Mike

8 Likes

Free time mean bench time :smiley:

I finished the paint from the model and reached the weathering stage.

9 Likes

Very nice looking gun. Not seen one built before so its been interesting :+1:

2 Likes

Is that the Trumpeter kit? A minefield of rivets and ejector pin marks!

2 Likes

Awesome gun… You don’t want to be on the receiving end of this…

2 Likes

Yes ! And I confirm the ejection marks.

I would add:

• brittle plastic
  • and imprecise instructions.

What frustrated me the most was that one of the ammunition carts didn’t fit into its housing and the assembly of the tracks.

2 Likes

Good to see the issues didn’t stop you though. Looks great.

1 Like

Looks very good so far, @FlyingSauerkraut Looking forward to see more :slightly_smiling_face:

I finished my Revell/Matchbox Wespe. A very nice kit with lots of nostalgia for me. Despite being old and inaccurate, it still feels like an awesome kit and there is even a bit of interior in the fighting compartment. Decals are way over scale and inaccurate as well, but I decided to go full OOB on this one.
Nostalgia is unparalleled for me - I first build this 35ish years ago in my parents summerhouse. Sweet memories :face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears:

9 Likes