First post. But the title must be at least 10 characters so I added these extra letters

Great work on that interior Mario, looks amazing!

I think on a lot of photos you can get away with just uploading them as is. If the file from your camera is larger than 4mb than you will probably have to resize and in that case yeah make it a reasonable web size. Of course with the advent of 4K screens that size is probably fairly large. Even a 1920 x 1080 image on a 4K screen only takes up about half the screen. :smiley:

Will my old code work?
Without IMG tag:

With IMG tag:

Well, that saves work in the future :slight_smile:

Wow Mario! I love your work. Please share more photos when you can just for the art! No context required LOL

I think the way you can upload pics straight from phone is a very big bonus. Also now up to 4mb allows for better quality and more in depth area focused shots. I’m liking the site more and more.:grin:
And even more so when I start my build blog/forum of the Accurate Armour CVRT Striker that I commanded. I intend to do a great many progress builds, and those alone would of probably taken up most of my pic storage allowance on the other site, and here it won’t be an issue. Another win win :+1:

My thanks to whomever validated or whatever my account as I never received the supposed validation e-mail. Anyway, greetings to all! :wink: Now for an image test or two?

Cheers,
Jan

Jim did a bulk activation of users

Well then my heart felt thanks to the Great Fearless Leader for his hard work and forethought. :wink: And I say this picture posting system is quite wonderful! And thank you also Robin for all your efforts at overseeing and helping out those in need here. :smiley:

Cheers,
Jan :beers:

1 Like

Test post added to this thread to see if, and in that case how,
it affects a post linking to this thread.
Links to a thread default to linking and showing the post that was visible when copying the link
and the link ends with /n/m where n is the total number of posts and m is the sequence number of the post that was at the top of the display when copying the link.
Removing /n/m from the link creates a plain link to the thread, start at the top sort of

Edit: adding posts to the linked thread has no impact

Test post.

It looks great, the resolution is good (I don’t need to zoom in a little to read the posts) :mag: :grin:

I’ll try posting a pic later.

OK, so here’s my first try in this forum - wonder if I’ll be able to make it work for me.
Peter

Fine, that worked. Now for trying to post a picture: The radiator and fan of an M4 HighSpeed Tractor I saw at Belgian Gunfire Museum Brasschaat.
Peter

Seems like copy and paste doesn’t work for me - maybe 'cause I’m not sufficiently “grown up” here? But I try again:

Im not a computer person . Have no idea what you just printed !!! But Ill give it a try , not too crazy about it so far.

Jim,
You have no idea what to see 'cause posting the pic via copy and paste didn’t work! I’m pretty sure it’s because I did something wrong - but what?
Peter

copied image address from an Amazon product page, link contains characters which throws Discourse off the scent …

https://armour.ws/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/russian-strange-tank.jpg

copy image straight from Google image search right click + copy image address + paste here
I think /uploads/ causes problems since the image only exists at that address for a short time

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/RWFn5HKBTfl0FkKQrD1JapqdQH9_yk5u9HQGz1mpPWXXT88wMBpLc-tTScJRs5Da80bos9M_y2Ea7hCQfqud_mvRKlE-WO5nLHJ-vF__EbZvNQFCY8nxIlI2u8n565DK786Fia2POq9bkIqMttmFf7sWXB5RPr2Z
copy image straight from Google image search right click + copy image address + paste here
The result depends on the format of the image address. Links to Google user content results in garbage

Right click + copy image address and then paste (ctrl-V) here.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=408420463&size=o
Dragged from other window and dropped here. Drag and drop needs careful aiming so I recommend dropping in all the images first and then typing between them

Copied with right click + Copy image address

Copied with by ‘painting’, left-click + drag mouse pointer

The end result of trying to insert images depends on where the image comes from.
The preview to the right of the post editing field shows a preview of the post. If the preview looks like garbage the final post will also look like garbage …
Many websites are trying to prevent hot-linking to protect their interests and this impacts how images can be used

OK, I’ll try again with a different pic:
http://panzer-modell.de/berichte/studebaker_us6/f01g.jpg
Yeah, seems to work, as I copied it from the web. Before, I tried to copy from a memory stick, so what was wrong with that? I mean, my WIP pictures don’t yet have web addresses - can I only post here what’s already been published elsewhere?
Peter

It is possible to upload directly from your computer. What format is the picture (jpg, png, other)?
The image doesn’t want to load properly. I tried posting the link and dragging the image into this post but it fails …

Well, at least now interested modelers can find the article the pic is from …
What I tried to copy from my computer was a jpg image of 1.84 MB.
Maybe size does matter, after all?
Peter