"For the Motherland" 1/35

Another one of my vignettes. This one depict a scene that might be stumbled across if one is walking the mountainous areas between Finmark and Murmansk, which during WW2 was called the Litza Front. Here many boys and men from both the Wehrmacht and the Red Army lost their life fighting in difficult conditions. Still today fallen soldiers are being found up there from time to time. The base of the scene is a fragment of a grenade which was found up there by a friend and given to me.

Uploading: DSCN8152.JPG… DSCN8154 DSCN8155 DSCN8161 DSCN8162 DSCN8163 DSCN8164 DSCN8168 DSCN8171 DSCN8172 Uploading: DSCN8179.JPG…

12 Likes

Very nice. Your scene turned out very well. I really like it.

Randy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job!

1 Like

very impressive indeed, well done mate.

1 Like

This leaves me wanting to see more. Great idea for a diorama.

1 Like

Imaginative, poignant & very nicely executed like all your work :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Really nice job and very clever use of the base. Is the Russian badge original ? I am curious about the story on the relics as I collect WW2 military items. Thank you for sharing with us. Best regards…Dale

1 Like

Thanks alot guys:)
Dale, yes the badge is original,but was not found where the shrapnel piece was found. I think I got this one from the Kurland Kessel in Latvia:)

the rust looks amazing and the fact that you used shrapnel from a grenade.

1 Like

Love it! I like the idea of making the badge a permanent part of the vignette. It not only balances the scene, but ties the name to the scene better than volumes of words could ever do.

:beer:

1 Like

Excellent !
hammer

1 Like

A very somber scene. Done very well with a minimal amount of items to draw attention. I like that this was done on a grenade fragment and that you’ve incorporated the badge.
A well thought out tribute to the fallen of the Litza front.
Cheers,
C.

That’s really good. Lot of inspiration there.