From When the Cold War was really COLD! '50s FROG kit roundup!

When I say “silver”, what comes to mind? Is it a very precious metal? Is it the hair on an elderly gentleman? Or, is it the streamlined shape of a prowling fish?

One thing that should come to mind is fast ‘50s jets, with their penchant for bare-metal silver chrominess! And, just like those real jets, there were a lot of kits from that time that tried to capture the look with silver plastic!

I recently came across a quintet of such kits, and they’re silver in that they are supposed to look fast, they are aged, being from the ‘50s, and they are somewhat precious! For some really classic, early-run-not-retro old-skool modelling excitement, check out my score of 1950’s FROG jets at the link below! Vote on your favourite, too!

1 Like

(Hee-hee)! I remember Frog kits from the early Sixties…their name was a local joke, living in Quebec! :shushing_face:
:grinning: :canada:

That’s funny! I knew we in Ontario called Quebecers that, but I didn’t know it was an in-province term as well!

Ummm…News Flash! Not all Quebecers are French!! Try listening to current events! :rage: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Oh, don’t worry, I know that! (Trust me…)

I’ve dealt with plenty of both English and French folks from Quebec! I just didn’t know that anyone besides Ontarians used that term!

I’m a bit touchy about this! Many years ago (the seventies) a friend and I were on a road trip across Canada. We were having lunch at Mac’s somewhere in Alberta and struck up a conversation with some locals. As soon as we mentioned we were from Quebec (keeping in mind that we were 100 % Anglo’s) the atmosphere changed, and we were suddenly Separatists from Quebec who wanted to break up the country! :rage:

Yeah, I can see why that would be a touchy spot. I guess that’s the power of media at work, even back then, eh?

Don’t worry, the rest of us do know the differences!