Frozen on the Farm - 1944

Frozen on the Farm - 1944

This was my last piece created before I hung up the hobby… but have been thinking of getting back into it. I thought I’d share the scene with the community that has helped me through the years. I know they’re not the greatest photos but I hope you all enjoy what’s here. Cheers

10 Likes

11 Likes

Welcome @whiskeybehavior … That is a really great scene with some nice movement and looks to draw your eye from one piece to the next… …I think you may of gone away from modelling a bit to soon … I’m sure you have lots more to model and share here … Hope to see more :+1:

1 Like

Hi @whiskeybehavior, please start up this hobby again, it will be a pitty not to see new dio’s like these.
Being a fan of bigger dio’s with lots going on, I love this, really great!

2 Likes

Two dioramas in one!
A lot of work went into this and all those micro scenes look well thought out.
Keep going!

1 Like

@Johnnych01 @bwilt thank you very much for the kind words. I have since added a plaque for the front but I was very happy with the completed project now on display. On the plus side of possibly getting back into it, I have been eyeing a Sherman or Panzer for a small project recently.

2 Likes

you were to be included with my reply but “new users can only tag 2 users at a time.” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

A warm welcome Whiskey, like Bert said it’s great to see a new(old) diorama that would take several sentences to describe - beautifully done. I hope your small project’s just a “warm-up” after being frozen for a while…OK enough of that metaphor…looking forward to seeing more great narratives :+1: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

A nice winter scene you’ve got there! Welcome along to the forum.

1 Like

Hey man! Welcome! Or welcome back, whichever you prefer.
Nice dio and photography as well. I love the medic theme,
J

1 Like

@Dioramartin @Karl187 Thank you guys. I appreciate you dropping by and leaving some words!

1 Like

It is welcome back. You sir have been a big inspiration and guidance for me through the years in the hobby. Good to see you still active

Welcome back mate! Love this dio. Loads going on here. I hope you stick with us and build more like this :+1:.
G.

1 Like

Thank you!

Great scene and lots of work. congrats.

1 Like

Hi and welcome! I think it’s looking great. I am also a fan of dioramas that includes one or two medics. I hope you start up again. /Erik

1 Like

This is tremendous. I love dios that have this much going on.

1 Like

@Graywolf @DIOWORK thank you guys!! I appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

@phil2015 thank you!!

Final updated pics. The plaque was added just before it went on display. Can’t say it’s 100% accuracy in terms of time-frame/units/weather but wanted to just pick something for this scene. A side note in regards to the process is everything was hand-painted/detailed. The build has finally been returned home and resides with family on the east coast.

3 Likes