FV 432 Mk3 Takom

I knew you’d be on call for that one :+1:… And I wasnt far out lol

Glass is not actually clear. If you look at the edge of a piece of window glass for a house or even a toughened glass car windscreen it is green. This is due to the iron content in the minerals used to make the glass. The thicker the glass the more noticeable the green is when looking into the pane. Another good example is glass for a fish tank (the real type, not the nickname for a submarine!)

For mine, I mixed Tamiya Clear Green and Clear Gloss 50/50 then thinned with lacquer thinner by a further 50/50 mix (25% Green, 25% Clear and 50% thinner). A couple of very light passes with the airbrush and they came out well without the build up around the frame you get with brush painting - although I painted mine on the sprue.

Thank you all for the inputs. I’ll try to apply the green tint without ruining the glasses. I should have done it prior to gluing them.

Olivier

The very last parts have been glued making the whole thing a real pain to handle.
Pinwash is done. When it’s dry I can start playing with dust and sand. I’ll probably give another coat of clear green to the armored windows.
The rear slat panels are not properly aligned. Let’s say it’s due to some battle or traffic damage. :wink:

Olivier

8 Likes

I think you can get away with a bit of careless reversing or minor battle damage Olivier … That looks great. A really great job all round :+1: :+1:

I’ve worked a bit on the weathering. I used some water pencils to break the monotone look of the sides. Then I applied some very diluted Buff to depict a dusty vehicle. It’s pretty hard to get a suitable contrast between the sand dust and the vehicle color.
I also tried to damage some slats.

Olivier

7 Likes

Another great job Olivier. The weathering is difficult to judge on desert finished vehicles, but you have pulled it off here. Looks just right and not over done.
I also like the subtle damage to some of the bar armour, looks nice and realistic. Great work and a cracking model :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Great job Olivier!

1 Like

Looking very impressive Olivier- the weathering is spot on and I think the slat damage looks realistic as @Johnnych01 has already mentioned.

2 Likes

Thank you all. I’m away from the workbench for the week. I’ll try to enhance the dusty look next week-end without crossing the limit of the overdone.

Olivier

Hi all
I consider this one done. Trying to get more contrast between the vehicle color and the dust is a real pain. So I prefer not overdoing it.

Olivier

9 Likes

Very nice. It came out looking great.

1 Like

That has finished up looking great Olivier. You have the perfect balance for the weathering and you shouldn’t worry about it … Great detailing and the damage you did on the rear slats looks just right for some minor knocks and bangs.
Also, the vision blocks have a nice gentle tone on the green which again looks great and not over done. Well done on a great job

1 Like

Glad you like it.

Olivier

What did you use for the antennas in the end ? they look great as well … are the smaller jammers and antennas on the rear deck from the kit ?

The antennas are bits of Plastruct 0.3mm styrene rod which is flexible.
The other antennas are in the box.

Olivier

1 Like

Excellent Olivier. You did a fantastic job on it. The weathering looks perfect to me.

1 Like

Looks really good, the weathering is great.

1 Like

Lovely work Olivier.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind comments.

Olivier