German late war armor color

I was wondering is this Jagdtiger in “Ambush” camo? It looks like you can see yellow dots on the paint?

Yes, it does look like the “ambush” camo with those spots over the base pattern.

I’ve seen plenty of colour photos of vehicles with grey barrels (and the rest in non-Dunkelgrau) but none at all with red primer barrels. Grey was used to paint barrels long after Feb 1943 and they weren’t always camouflaged afterwards.

Have you actually seen a colour photo of a red primer barrel? Has anyone, come to that?

2 Likes

Red barrels came into it more when the “what if tanks” became more widespread and people began using artistic license with the finished models paint scheme. I’ve never seen a pic of a red primer one… But plenty of the grey ones as you mentioned Robert.

Freely admit it was a guess on my part on the barrel, the rest I feel pretty solid on. and like Johnny said maybe I’m a bit cloudy with the amount of paper tigers on the red vs grey barrels.

Check it out .

Yes…I actually watched all the videos…I think there are 5 of them…are you Night Shift? If so I subscribe to your channel and greatly enjoy it, but your modeling talent is far beyond my own…lol.

No,i wised i had his painting / weathering skills .