Helicopter 2 Campaign

Masking tape off and it’s all looking good. I used Humbrol 163 Dark Green, the perfect match for RAF Dark Green.

Needs a touch up in a couple of spots.
Now that I look at with some paint on, the Army Lynx is a very sleek looking thing.

8 Likes

ok well I’m just about done.

it’s not my best work and my heart wasn’t in it after the clear green paint messed up the upper clear sections.

I plant to take some decent pictures soon.

6 Likes

Looking good with the decals and the rocket pods. It’s turned out great.

Limping towards the finish line.

3 Likes

You had a few set backs David, but you have finished up with a very nice looking build there… well done :+1:

cheers guys but I know where the bugs are and they are annoying, more so because I know I can do better.

this is now my third academy kit and everyone has had issues with their decals. rather than buying expensive decal solution I use tamiya x20 acrylic thinners which does just as well, sometimes even better.

2 Likes

David, funny you have found that solution as well.

I am using that on some of the (older?) Hasegawa decals. You can only make one swipe with the brush and it might look horrible and crumbled, but once it dries everything is like it is painted on.

1 Like

Good bit of info… Will try that on a few projects coming up :+1:

1 Like

The “modeler’s madness” we all suffer from, I think your model turned out very nice, just need more pics :+1:

Cajun :crocodile:

I see very little wrong with it. Any issues there might be with the green canopy inserts are certainly not noticeable in your pictures.

@Johnnych01 just make to seal the kit with clear gloss varnish that is NOT acrylic based. I use the spray can stuff that tamiya use.

@Maximus8425 look at the door windows, they don’t fit properly, at least not for me.

I can’t really see that on the pic, and I left the doors off mine and will be fitting the pilot door armour.

I think window fit problems seem to be common on helicopters! I know I’ve had problems.

Right, let’s get some decals on the Lynx today. All coming from a variety of sources.

The Modeldecal serial sheet has really helped me over the years. I think this is the second sheet I’ve used. Pretty sure it’s now in the Xtradecal range.

1 Like

Looking good Ryan :+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks, not my best work but hopefully soon it will be my finished work. Don’t know if I will make the deadline.

1 Like

ok well here are my finished pictures…drum roll please lol

10 Likes

I think she is a good looking bird. :+1:

Agree with Ryan @Tank_1812 , it’s looking very good David. Well done :+1:

1 Like

That’s turned out really nice David. All that hard work has paid off, great looking helicopter.

Finished the decals on mine this afternoon. Luckily stencilling seems to have been at a bare minimum on XX135, so not a great deal to put on.

Only problem I had were the DANGER decals turning into jigsaw puzzles. Not quite sure what happened there.

Fortunately I have a couple of Hobbyboss Navy Lynx in the stash, so pinched a couple from one. It’s one I’ll be using an aftermarket sheet for, so it won’t be missed.
Tomorrow, I’ll deal with the rotors and anything else that needs doing.

6 Likes