Helicopter 2 Campaign

yep after detailing all that stuff in the back, only to loose it all once you closed up the bird was something i noticed too…oh well i will try and remember that for next time too.

well done for finishing, she looks great!

Congratulations she looks great.

That turned out really nice. I like the burnt metal effect on the engine exhaust.

So, yesterday I pulled off all the canopy masking. A moment I always dread this close to the finish line! There’s usually something gone wrong!
Fortunately, this time it all worked out well. A couple of spots needed touching up and tidying. I’m especially happy with the blue tinting.
I’ve also been applying the decal stripes to the main and tail rotor tips. A very tedious job.

Still have to add the cabin windows, but I might just make it.

8 Likes

You’ve done a cracking job with that Max , and after a 40 hiatus from flying things you should be well chuffed with it. Really like the sensor and detailed cables on the tail rotor … :+1::+1:

1 Like

Not far to go Stephen, it’s looking very good. I like the way the blue glasswork has come out as well…

1 Like

Not much to do and it’s finished Stephen. I really like the contrasting blue. I have a thing for stark colour contrasts on kits, things that really stand out like coolers and cases of pop. You have made me hanker after one of the Revell Navy Lynx Mk.8’s/HMA 8.

1 Like

Ok guys and gals,

i’m trying to sort out the medal allocation but it’s a lot more complicated on this site than on the old one.

in the past there was a list of usernames and all you had to do was check/tick the box next to the usernames that had completed the campaign. The last i heard i will need to round up all the usernames of those who have completed the campaign then i need to contact them all to get their email addresses that they used to register for this site.

now i have left a post in the moderators forum regarding this matter and i have sent messages to the admin as well but it might take some time, because as far as i know, this will be the first campaign on the new site that will issue medals so there are bound to be a few glitches.

just letting you know what is happening and as soon as i get some news then i will let you all know.

kind regards,

Klaus

2 Likes

Crawling towards the finish line. Got the decals placed, the flat coat on and some of the fiddly bits installed. Just a few more fiddly bits and it’s DONE.

2 Likes

I am not at the same spot and won’t finish by tomorrow but congratulations to all that did finish.

@Tank_1812

Ryan, keep going, it’s gonna be a while before I sort the medals out :sunglasses:

1 Like

I will. This build was part of another websites group build to honor the passing of Mark Bilas the owner of Wolfpak Decals who passed away about a year ago. That deadline is Sept 19 and I have three day weekend in a few days to make a good push to the finish line.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I’m still working at all the finishing touches. Should be done by tomorrow.

Ryan, that’s awful news. I hadn’t heard about that. I have a few Wolfpack sheets and they’re very nice. Good choice of subjects and really well printed.

1 Like

Sorry to have been the bearer of bad news. I agree he some nice decals and instructions where above and beyond. Did email with him a few times and always helpful.

1 Like

Nice looking Heli’s everyone… I’m on track to finish… got everything assembled… had some trouble with the paint on the canopy pulling off when i unmasked it… had to go back and hand paint a bit of it…

I’m also not happy with the fit of the front canopy I may work on it a bit we will see… now just have to let some stuff dry and the decals…

Delbert

8 Likes

Very sad news.
I have an F-104C in the build pile I was going to use a set of his decals on. It might just skip one or two projects to the top now.

1 Like

A very neat little build Delbert. Keep at it.

ATTENTION ALL !

I will be submitting a list of names of everyone who has completed their build for this campaign on Saturday to Staff Jim.

Please send me a Private Message, ideally with a picture of your completed entry in it. Those who are struggling to complete their build now have a few more days to finish up :sunglasses:

2 Likes

well I’m calling it done… not bad I think for my 1st ever helicopter… not great either but then that’s just me.

Delbert

8 Likes

@Delby I think you’ve done a fantastic job on that helicopter well done indeed :+1::+1::+1:

Congratulations on completing your first helo and she looks good from here.