Heller VBCI with a bit of extra work

Before tackling the roof hatches, I modified the rear view mirrors supports. Heller gives a basic part with no details and which can only be installed in the unfolded position but with no mirrors. So I modified the whole thing as it should be in the folded down position.

Heller part

The modified support bolted on the top plate.

Olivier

7 Likes

Superb job on that interior. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

A slight difference lol… That bit of work has made a big difference to how that area will look Olivier. Very nice :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the comments.
I detailed the inner face of one of the troop compartment hatches. All the parts for the second one are already cut and ready to be glued. So it should go easier and faster.

Heller hatch

Detailed hatch

The detailing step is close to the end. Now I can begin adding the AM stuff.

Olivier

5 Likes

You continue to impress. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Sensational stuff Olivier.

1 Like

This is seriously impressive . Love what you are doing … Ill definitely keep a eye on this.

1 Like

Superb work Olivier.
What did you use for Antislip Coating? Looks nice in scale for modern vehicles.

Cheers
Walter

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments.
Walter, the antislip is made with Mr Surfacer 500 brushed over the surface and then tapped on with an old brush. The French antislip is quite coarse so I find this method pretty efficient.

I made the second hatch. I also temporarily attached the commander hatch hinge system to give an idea of how it will look in the end.

Olivier

10 Likes

That is some superb scratch building there!

1 Like

Thx for the info Olivier, the hatches look amazing with all the details added.

cheers
Walter

1 Like

I’ve finally started to glue some AM stuff from KMT, Blast and Eureka XXL. The ruck-sacks carriers on the sides are just secured with some blu-tac.

The rear stowage rack is really thin.

The cable with the PE brackets is from Eureka XXL. No need to glue the cable.

Olivier

8 Likes

Outstanding work . It just gets better and better.

1 Like

Olivier, this is enormously helpful; thanks for your efforts - you continue to inspire.

1 Like

Thank you all for your support.
I finally added the smoke dischargers using the tubes from KMT with the grenades from Blast Models as well as the hanging caps.

I’ve dryfitted the wheels from Djiti. They just need to cut the axles a bit to properly fit.

Now it’s ready for the paint booth.
Olivier

7 Likes

Anxious to see this one under paint. Monotone, tricolor camo? :+1: :+1:

DV
It will be in the standard 3 tone camo.

Olivier

1 Like

That is exciting to watch the progress

It’s really taking shape now Olivier. The hard work has paid off tenfold as it’s is now a kit and a half with all the extra detailing you have added. Be great to see the cam on it :+1::+1:

1 Like

Here are the last pictures of the build step. The hatches, the ramp and the side baskets are secured with blu-tac and will be painted separately.

The camo will be the standard Central Europe 3 tone camo. The markings will be 92nd infantry regiment during operation Serval.

Olivier

10 Likes