Heller VBCI with a bit of extra work

Just stellar work Olivier- all that scratch-work and add on parts really bring the vehicle to whole new level and show a busy, interesting exterior that should make one helluva showpiece when its all painted up.

1 Like

It is looking amazing Olivier. You have done exceptional work on her.

1 Like

Fantastic work :+1::+1:

1 Like

good work
it would be great if a manufacturer other than heller
will make us a beautiful vbci and a vab
the vab has been in service for more than 40 years it has participated in several conflicts 1st golf war, bosnia, afganistan mali etc
and the only vab that we find in 1/35 is that fromf heller and the quality more than poor
it is high time that a major manufacturer solves this problem

2 Likes

You’re fully right! It’s a shame because the VAB has no much potential with all its variants.

Olivier

2 Likes

Here is the beginning of the painting step. The three tone camo is made with home made mix for the green and the brown. I honestly can’t tell you the precise composition of each mix as I’ve made several trials before getting something relevant.
I also fixed the small mistakes in the camo scheme issued by Heller especially on the driver side.

Olivier

9 Likes

Very amazing job so far Olivier! Keep on posting the weathering process, too.

Tamás

1 Like

Very nice Olivier, great scheme… Looks sharp :+1::+1:

1 Like

Wow Olivier, just “Wow!”

'Saw one of these a few years ago on Salisbury Plain - they are huge.

1 Like

That is super nice. The paint colors look spot on . The weathering will really bring this to life

1 Like

The colours looks accurates Olivier!!

1 Like

You’ve got those colors perfect Olivier- it’s great to see it with some paint on it.

1 Like

Nice scheme. Like the colors. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the comments. My wife helped for the color as I’m color blind which is pretty annoying to say the least :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’ve fixed a mistake made by Heller in their camo scheme. In fact there are two mistakes and I only spotted one. Now I have to paint the details and the inner faces of the hatches.
When all done I’ll apply the markings. I’m still waiting for the right color decals as the ones I bought are white which is wrong.

Olivier

I finally got some time to start the weathering after having added some more details such as the bag on the left rear hatch. It still needs to have the ramp lowered and more dust applied.

Olivier

12 Likes

Looking very sharp so far! Bravo!

1 Like

Looks 110% with the cam and the side stowage… You’ve done a cracking job with it Olivier and should be rightly proud of it… Very well done :+1::+1:

1 Like

Looking great Olivier. Those bags are huge.

1 Like

Great job Olivier!

1 Like

WOW … Great result for all your hard work ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::+1:

1 Like