Hello Everyone, from Tank Grrl

hrrmpff …

8 Likes

Feel like being addressed?:wink:

4 Likes

Welcome aboard! This is a fun place to hang out and partake. I am looking forward to seeing your work here.

3 Likes

You’re not wrong.

Welcome aboard.

5 Likes

It’s nice to see some ladies liking this hobby too. Good for you, and welcome among us.

3 Likes

Welcome to the modelers coven

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Anna-Elizabeth.

As the others mention it’s an excellent forum many friendly knowledgeable people.

Happy model building.

2 Likes

I really appreciate the welcome, Y’all. I hit the new poster rate limit, but I’ve been reading lots of topics today.

7 Likes

Welcome Anna to the " Styrene Twilight Zone " where some are committed to the hobby, and some should be committed to the Loony Bin. Great place to be, never a dull moment. Have a great week, cheers, Tony denizen from the Alternate Universe.

3 Likes

Oi! I insist on my right to self-identify as sane!
:crazy_face:
Cheers,

M

3 Likes

We do overlap a bit, I tend to favour from when people were working on advanced stone technology (not to far from a Stone Axe Factory still littered with failed experiments) to early Renaissance with a heavy emphasis on the Roman Empire in the first half-dozen centuries A.D. (nearest fort site 3 miles away but little to see except a very noticeable fort platform, some interesting geophysics but no plans to excavate there :sob:).

I have acquired quite a bit for that era (not much completed) but my main focus is using it for Victorian Science Fiction and/or Steampunk, “Hordes of the Things” games and possibly “Cthulu by Gaslight” table-top role-play if it makes a comeback hereabouts…

Odd to link these two, but as you may well be aware (but it may come as a surprise to any casual reader) Alexander Siddig, who played Dr. Julian Bashir in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, is the great-great-grandson of Muhammad Ahmad, the aforementioned Mahdi, his birth name being Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abdurrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi… On his mother’s side he is the nephew of THE MAN WHO KILLED KIRK, Malcolm McDowell (Dr. Tolian Soran), who also appeared as Dr. Kesslee in a movie called “Tank Girl”, and popped up in a Steampunk short Cowboys & Engines with Richard Hatch and Walter Koenig. Strange little world, isn’t it?
Cowboys & Engines (youtube.com)

Regards,

M

1 Like

I had NO idea that Siddig El Fadil was a descendant of the Mahdi! Wow!

I love Steampunk, I have a pretty nice outfit and am working on another.

I’ve since acquired a corset and a Victorian-style sun parasol to go with thiis outfit. I’m working up a set like a Steampunk Wrench Wench, I’m researching how to make convention-safe tools, like a big monkey wrench and such. I found makeup to do the sooty, engine-room look too.

5 Likes

Nice.

Steampunk chopper:

4 Likes

Anyone up for a steampunk campaign??

4 Likes

Welcome Anna or should I say “Girl und Panzers”

2 Likes

Thank you, Robert.

Funny that you say that, I do have the Platz/Dragon “Girls Und Panzer” Tiger 1 with the anime girl commander and a couple of accessory sets.

2 Likes

Have you come across these ladies?

At the Edge of the Universe. Strange Company’s adventures. Episode I. The first meeting. Don’t even think about… /24033/ | Spaceport Series | Scale 1:24 | Ukraine scale plastic model kits figures (mbltd.info)

At the Edge of the Universe. Strange Company’s adventures. Episode I. The first meeting. Irene Leroi. Let’s hide on Steamplanet! /24052/ | Spaceport Series | Scale 1:24 | Ukraine scale plastic model kits figures (mbltd.info)

We beat them!. At the Edge of the Universe. Strange Company’s Adventures. Episode IV /24081/ | Spaceport Series | Scale 1:24 | Ukraine scale plastic model kits figures (mbltd.info)

Desert Battle Series, Skull Clan - Death Angels /35122/ | Desert Battle Series | Scale 1:35 | Ukraine scale plastic model kits figures Master Box (mbltd.info)

Cheers,

M

3 Likes

I’ve seen those, yes, and I like them.

Eventually I want to put together a Steampunk outfit like Her Majesty’s Royal Airship Force, I was thinking a Hussar-style jacket in black, weapons, etc.

3 Likes

I assume you mean scale models, although I have dabbled in 1:1 steampunk weaponry. It would be fun. Sadly I’m not a campaign guy. Not good with meeting deadlines. I’d love to see what other could do though.

5 Likes

Anne Elizabeth, welcome to the site. Lots of friendly, knowledgeable and helpful folks here

Wow, you are multifaceted with your interests. I look forward to seeing your models.

My daughter is into cosplay. Hoping she will get into steampunk. I always got a kick out of the Agetha Heterodyne Girl Genius series.

Welcome aboard.

Fred

2 Likes