HMS King George V, May 1941 | Model Shipwrights

posted on 3 seconds ago

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://modelshipwrights.com/list/hms-king-george-v-may-1941

Hi Russ!

Thanks for posting those pics in the new MSW - I simply can’t see enough pictures of your beautiful KGV, a real masterpiece!
(will we see a feature of your Prinz here as well? :innocent:)

Cheers
Jan

1 Like

Russell,
My compliments on a SUPERB build and the rigging…Amazing!
Well done.
Cheers,

1 Like

@JJ1973 Thankyou so very much for your kind words, Jan. Really appreciate it :slightly_smiling_face:
Prinz Eugen’s pictures are still available as a feature at the old site, but if that should change, I’ll definitely post them up on the new site :slightly_smiling_face:
@Grauwolf Thankyouu very much Joe, the rigging was tricky but definitely worth it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well done, Russ - I’m enjoying your pictures of this magnificent build all over again! Thanks for posting it to the new site.
:grin:

1 Like

Looking at your feature in the old MSW once again showed me, how much better the new site is (or how old and slow the old site had become over time - unless it’s due to my computer…)

1 Like

This is cheeky but as much as I love looking at the finished product (and your ships are gorgeous), I find the build thread way more interesting especially given the depth of your research that you put in. Any chance you would be able to somehow import them over or redo them?

1 Like

@TimReynaga Thankyou Tim :slightly_smiling_face: Really appreciate your kind words

@JJ1973 Hi Jan! Yes the new site is light years ahead of the old site. Looking at the old feature now, I see just how bad the colour correction is on the photos of Prinz. So, I put it to you my friends: would you like me to make a new photo feature of the Prinz with colour corrected photos?

@McRunty thankyou very much Rory :slightly_smiling_face:
Yes I too like the build stories. I was hoping the build thread would be flattened and archived but all I see is a 404 error. I imagine though the workload to archive every thread ever created is immense, so I’m not sure when or if it will happen.

But! Even though I’ve lost all the text I have all the build photos so maybe… :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely. The more content the better I say!

2 Likes

So, I put it to you my friends: would you like me to make a new photo feature of the Prinz with colour corrected photos?

Yes! The archived blogs are well and good (when we can access them), but I have no problem with their images being posted again on the new MSW - especially since there are new folks who’ve not had the pleasure of seeing them previously!

2 Likes

Just as I asked you some postings above. -YES please do, mate! Fully agree with Rory and Tim! And I’d just love to see your Prinz in better quality / corrected photos :innocent:

1 Like