HMS Victory OOB

…Would I do another or similar tall ship ? probably not, but I am glad I did it and made it look half decent…

You know, John, I have said the same thing, but somehow I seem to keep drifting from my main interest in steel navy ships and coming back to the tall girls… :grin:

Wonderful job on this one, I’ve enjoyed the build process!

1 Like

Thanks Tim, I think though I will leave the tall ships to the experts from now on lol …

Just catching up with this Build. Very impressive indeed…Cheers Mark

1 Like

One advatage of aging is that the eyesight will get worse
which will improve the looks of all detail painting.
One sees the general impression but not the failed details.

3 Likes

I was told the Union Jack has a right way to be displayed and that some display it upside down. Which way is the correct way to display it?

Yes the diagonal (St Patricks’s) red stripes are not centred within the white diagonal stripes of the St Andrew’s cross, technically a “counterchange of satires” or pinwheeling. It was to denote that the St Andrews flag (of Scotland) had precendence having joined the union first, if that makes any sense whatsoever. But it’s a handy ploy to detect false colours, 50/50 chance an enemy would fly it upside down. I always learned the right way to remember is “top left bottom” i.e lower than centre. John, of course, shows it correctly. :uk:

Now she’s looking complete and well worth the effort and hard work you put in :clap: :clap: :clap: :blush:

1 Like

As Tim said, but with an image.

Flag 1

The thick white diagonal circled in black, should be uppermost at the top of the flag pole side.

1 Like

Thanks Russ, it the final bit that had to be done, she did look a bit forlorn without flags :+1:

1 Like

Yes the diagonal (St Patricks’s) red stripes are not centred within the white diagonal stripes of the St Andrew’s cross, technically a “counterchange of satires” or pinwheeling…

Tim, thanks for that info on the Union Jack - as a non-Brit, I had no idea! :face_with_peeking_eye:

As Tim said, but with an image.

Flag 1

The thick white diagonal circled in black, should be uppermost at the top of the flag pole side.

And John, thanks for the image - Tim explained it well, but it took the picture for me to actually understand! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

No probs and happy to help :+1:

Just joining in the choir, beautiful work, congratulations on your HMS Victory, and no doubt, the flags really are standing out, “the cherry on the pie” is it as you say I believe?

I enjoyed following your build!

Cheers
Jan

1 Like

Very kind of you to say so Jan, high praise and greatly appreciated, more so after seeing your ship building skills.

Cheers , John