How many shelfqueens DID you finish lately?

All the recurrent talk about shelfqueens, the shelf of shame and similar designations made me think… how many are actually getting finished??
The yearly returning, practically traditional “unfinished business”-campaign helps many getting these lofty royalties back into the limelights, with a not unsubstantial number really getting finished.
So how many have you finished lately (lately is to be taken rather broadly)?
Take the most recent ones… as an inspiration to others.

Mine:
Tiger I, started november 2014, finished september 2023

Tiger II, started december 2020 (I think), finished march 2023

The T-34, started sometime 2010, finished november 2022

7 Likes

Don’t you mean “how many new shelf queens have I added lately”?.. :rofl:

7 Likes

Tamiya T-55, started late 2017, finished July 2023

Three surgeries, two moves, one stolen car, retirement and laziness etc significantly interfered with timely completion.

Tamiya Pz IV H, started late 2020 and finished in spring of 2023 as a painting practice/ test bed project.

^^^Bulit mostly to ensure another shelf queen (1994 started Tamiya Pz IV assembled in late 2020) would get a suitable finish.

The 29 year running infamous shelf queen is the one on the right. The left is the H. Aka “Dumb & Dumber”

7 Likes

@barkingdigger No, Tom. There are plenty of other threads for that! :wink:
@Armor_Buff Nice finishes!! I especially like the T-55. And you the same as I… adding small things from real life.

4 Likes

Working 4 at the same time. Only one will be finished in time for Modelpalooza next weekend.

2 Likes

Nothing

5 Likes

Sounds like question my wife’s lawyer would ask.

7 Likes

So… you guys have all entered the unfinished business 2023 campaign?

3 Likes

If stalled for one year or more counts, 7. If stalled for two years or more is the bar, 5. If you can wait a week or two, add two to either total. I am shooting for 15 to 20 by the end of the year.

Edit: One Unfinished Business 2023 entry done. Second almost finished. Third very far along.

4 Likes

Twice. And finished both.

3 Likes

I’m currently working on a Bronco GAZ 69 4x4, a Modelsvit E-150, Takom AMX 13/75 and HobbyBoss ASU-57, all shelf queens from the Past

1 Like

Yes, this one is in Unfinished Business. It was started when the kit was a new release in 2002.

It’s been sitting for ~ 6 months. Needs the camo colors sprayed. I’d hoped to have another tri-color model ready in the name of “being efficient” and do camo for two in one air brush session.

Looks like that plan didn’t work…

4 Likes

Panther started in 2010, 15cwt around 2015…

5 Likes

Nice. That Panther is different, in Polish colours.

1 Like

I re-joined the hobby back in 2007, so that would be the cutoff date. But I believe the oldest is a 48th scale Avenger waiting for paint since 2012 or 2013 I think. As for recently finished shelfqueens, that would be this Matxboch Pz.II that stood for nearly a year.

4 Likes

Armor or just anything? Happy to finish a figure lately

4 Likes

Not really a shelf queen, but a week ago Sunday, I finished off an armoured car that I had put aside for about six months. I then pulled an SU-76M out of storage that had been sitting in there for years. So, that is a true shelf queen that I am now finishing off.

2 Likes

I’m actually working on Tamiya’s SU-76M, but it’s not a shelf queen yet. I did finish up a Tamiya Leopard 1A4 just the other day and that does count as a shelf queen (see the Unfinished Business 2023 campaign thread).

1 Like

Started Miniart D7 cable blade years ago - not sure of the date but it was when it was first released.
Built the base chassis/ engine and started the undercarriage then put it away for a few years .
Renewed interest had me dig it out and build it as a logging machine with a scratch built logging arch and Pleco canopy. Just finished it today.

7 Likes

Tamiya 1/48 M1A1 - started summer 2018, finished spring 2023.

7 Likes