HQ 1st (British) Corps in the field c.1971 - 1:300 scale

Right Chaps, just about everything done bar figures; I’ve deployed around 4, but they’re not great. I’m utilising Tamiya naval figures in 1:350, but they’re really 2-dimensional. I’ve attempted to fatten them up using Mr Dissolved Putty, but I note it shrinks a bit and I need to practice a bit more.

Anyway, just about complete less the pesky figures; I may add a second helicopter as I recall air support to the great and the good was quite lavish, as I suppose it should be for a Corps HQ.

Overall view; Diamonds now complete, helicopter in place, and some German civilian traffic on the main road.

Civilian Beetle on its way, as the Belgian LO turns into the forest track.

Close up of the helicopter - a Westland Scout; I recall that back then most were still in the Earth/Dark Green colour scheme.

German freight on the move; 'could be East German which puts a new slant on things. That’s probably why the Corps Security Section are observing from their Land Rover, just visible through the trees.

Another view of the BE LO’s Minerva Land Rover as it turns down the track; a Military Policeman awaits his arrival a bit further down the track.

Another view of the Scout as a “packet” (ie part of a convoy) drives past.

And lastly another experimental view utilising a backdrop picture. I haven’t got the dimensions quite right yet but it is a work in progress; I’ll display it thus tomorrow at the Avon model show.

6 Likes