Huey Heaven Campaign

I second this campaign idea. Sign me up.

Good just wanted to clarify it to save anyone throwing their toys out their prams later on :slight_smile:

Iā€™d be in too further down the line.

Iā€™ve been looking at whatā€™s out there in 1/72 and Iā€™m seeing that both Italeri and Hobbyboss do a few Vietnam era Hueyā€™s. What would be the best kit to get?

For the B model 1/72 Italeri vs Hobby Boss UH-1B, an OOB comparison - Helicopter Modeling - ARC Discussion Forums

TLDR - If you want accuracy Italeri, if you want ease Hobbyboss.

I think Ray has something similar for the D/H model.

1 Like

I think alot of the italeri stuff is the old MRC kits re-boxedā€¦Gino is the man to confirm or deny that.

Kittyhawk did some great kits but they are usually 1/48 scale and since kittyhawk went out of business their kits are going up in price on ebay.

I canā€™t vouch for hobbyboss but the kit i do have of theirs (still unopened) looks to have a fair amount of detail on it.

1 Like

@Tank_1812 ah you beat me to it Ryan lol

For the D, Italeri used the ESCI molds.

I think HB D is similar to the B, easier to build but not as accurate.

2 Likes

trust me, if you want to see toys getting thrown out of prams, go look at the Tank Destroyer 2 Campaignā€¦frack me, itā€™s enough to make me give up on running campaigns. Iā€™m glad Robin stepped in and calmed things down a bit :sunglasses:

as to the Cobra Campaignā€¦ since people are interested in that as well i might aim that for Marchā€¦i might open it up to all helicopter gunships and call it Guns, Guns, Guns Campaignā€¦thoughts and opinions welcomed.

but for the time being is predominately for the Huey Campaign

3 Likes

No kidding, some jack wagon wanted to enter a Vespa w/75mm. Some people need to lay off the crack.

1 Like

Thanks, thatā€™s really interesting comparison.
The Italeri kit does look the nicer of the two, especially the rotor hub details, but the Hobbyboss has a huge selection of weapons.
Might go for the Italeri.

1 Like

Iā€™ll get in on this, Iā€™ve got a Panda UH 1D in the stash, Iā€™ll maybe get in the AH 1 build if ICM releases the 1/35 scale Cobra (they indicated they were going to mold one as well as the 1/32nd kit already on the LHS shelves) . :confused:

Cajun :crocodile:

2 Likes

I am in, I have to rummage through the stash to find a candidate, but I am in none the less :slightly_smiling_face:

If I can complete what Iā€™ve already got going, Iā€™m in.

ā€¦and an important educational moment brought to you by concerned spellers everywhere:

Frak is spelled without a ā€œcā€. :grin:
My modelling mug and yes you can fit a lot of whiskey in there. :woozy_face:

Colin

2 Likes

Colin it depends how far you are along in your build, you will let me know.

i used to know one of the graphic artists that worked on the BSG show a few years ago.

That would be a job worth getting out of bed for.

Sorry for being confusing. When I referred to ā€œwhat Iā€™ve already got goingā€ I meant other models Iā€™m working on. Not a Huey in sight.

1 Like

Yes I am Interested with a nice 1:35 scale UH 1c Seawolf/

1 Like

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time, but Iā€™ve ended up with a Hasegawa UH-1H. I think it fits, but the decals are kinda blah. Two options JGSDF or a US Army HQ Japan VIP transport. Scalemates is no help, does anyone know of some interesting Viet Nam marking in 1/72? Iā€™d be interested if I find some cool markings.

@md72 what about typing 1/72 uh-1h Vietnam war decals into eBay search or even Google?

edit, I found these on eBay

1 Like

Thanks David, I was sort of avoiding evil bay.

Well , that oneā€™s interesting. I think that I have the ā€œEasy Riderā€ decals on a Italeri UH-1C. The others are interesting. But my eBay search doesnā€™t return that one. I did find a couple of interesting ones from Print Scale. One for standard choppers and one for medivac choppers. Looks like this one Print Scale 72-418 is available locally (well, this continent) and I wouldnā€™t have to scratch build any stretchers. :wave: