Hurricane Henri Bearing Down

Only heard about this storm yesterday, and I’m right in it’s path. Lol, woops, guess that’s the price I pay for living under a rock. Oh well, stocked up on some basic foods. I’m a simple man, loss of power isn’t a big deal, I got plenty of books to read and already go without AC. I’ll sit this one out in the basement at the bench. Worst thing I gotta worry about is some flooding.

2 Likes

If the storm is moving quicky, not a huge problem. If it slows or stalls, flooding problems become an issue.
Ex Florida resident.

2 Likes

Hope everyone is safe and homes will be ok at the end of it.

3 Likes

Stay safe, my mom lives in the panhandle of Florida so unfortunately she’s always prepared with hurricanes being seasonal there. Unfortunately it sounds like you’ll be dealing w the idiots that won’t heed the warnings, will think it’s ‘neat’ and will drive thru standing water of unknown depths and wonder why they get stranded.

3 Likes

It looks like a category 1 and if you’re going to get a hurricane, best it’s just a 1 and not higher. Since you’re in the emergency business no advice needs to be given. I was trapped in Houston when Hurricane Alicia hit in the 1984. I wouldn’t recommend riding out a storm in a Holiday Inn on I-10 in Channelview, TX, but we all survived.

1 Like

If you need a place to stay, I can put you up in South Dakota for a few weeks until you have your own place.
DAKjunkie

2 Likes

Hope all you American modelers will be ok, I live in Nova Scotia and we might see the tail end of it. These weather events are concerning as they seem to be getting more frequent. Here in N.S. we got clobbered this time 2 years ago with a cat 2 and lost our power for over a week. This event made me buy a new generator and start getting emergency supplies. I pray all of you being effected will be ok. Best regards…Dale

1 Like

Thanks guys !

1 Like

Thank you everyone!

Stay safe Matt,I remember Sandy,they could get nasty.
We just avoided trouble down here with Fred a lot of rain but no problems for us.

1 Like

In some cases they might not know given they haven’t dealt with a hurricane in 30 yrs. Lifeguards rescued 50 off the coast of NC and folks know better and they be talking about for a bit. Course they could be tourists.

When it comes to idiots, they know no bounds.

3 Likes

Thought they only lived in the UK

1 Like

Take care, hope it does not affect you much!

1 Like

They are EVERYWHERE and they are BREEDING like rabbits …

2 Likes

As the old saying goes, if you make something idiot-proof they’ll just make a better idiot!

It’s the poor rescue folk I feel sorry for - they know better, but have to go out anyway and take risks to save these idiots from earning their Darwin awards.

4 Likes

Henri has turned east and is now a tropical storm. All I expect is lots of rain. It seems to have taken metalhead85 and SSGToms out of its crosshairs as well! :+1:

5 Likes

Yeah it’s very calm here now. Apparently the eye is 15 miles east of Montauk Point, I’m 62 miles west so we should be ok.

5 Likes

Yep it’s now 80 miles east of us land fall right now at the Connecticut/Rhode Island border, so I will get 6 inches of rain and 60 mile per hour winds. That we can handle, no problem. Thanks guys for all the support. It’s nice to have friends here!

9 Likes

Yes thanks to all for the concern!

4 Likes

@metalhead85 & @SSGToms glad you guys are okay so far, we (SC), got ours last week from Fred’s remnants, tornado warnings and torrents of rain as it passed through, folks in TN got hit hard yesterday. Stay safe and look out for your neighbors. God Bless!

Cajun :crocodile:

2 Likes