I am new on board

Good morning, I found your forum by chance (I translate with DeepL). As I can see there are only excellent modellers here and I wonder if I am in the right place :pensive:. My models are very simple. My models? Yes, because I create/design them myself in Tinkercad. I print in PLA and not in resin. Therefore my models are very simple. I hope you will accept me as a member in this very nice forum. :nerd_face:

13 Likes

Everyone is welcome. We have modellers of many skill levels, in many genre, and we enjoy seeing the work from all of them.

We also have a lot of guys that 3d print too.

Would love to see what you do. Please post photos.

1 Like

Thank you for your explanation that reassures me
and inserting the pictures is totally easy

Now I’ll try inserting pictures here. This is my current project

“Excavation by a Roman legionary”

ausgra28

ausgra33

ausgra39

17 Likes

That is very nicely represented. The armour is painted well.

2 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!
Share, contribute, learn from others, have fun.
We have members of all types (even some that due to other priorities are not able to build as much as they would like).

1 Like

I really like your “Excavation of a Roman Legionary” vignette, an unusual and intriguing subject. The only thing I might mention is the foot sticking up; normally the small bones of the hands and feet are the first to be lost and probably would not stay articulated like that unsupported. Maybe you could add part of the sole of the sandal (they tend to survive well if bone does) and a small mound of soil to support it? Other points to consider are that bones (unless they are in a stone sarcophagus, or in chalk or limestone, in which they may well be grey or white-ish) often become discoloured by the soil, or even by copper alloy items on contact with them: I’ve seen a Bronze Age pelvis with the broken off tip of spear through it where the bone around the metal has a blue-green tinge. Please do not be discouraged my comments, there can’t be that many members of scale modelling groups who are used to seeing such things in excavations (other than on television)…

Regards,

M

1 Like

Welcome aboard. We let all media artists in to my knowledge. Your Roman figure looks great. Please continue to post more projects.

2 Likes

Welcome along- that is a very interesting piece you have shared with us.

1 Like

Very nicely done! Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome aboard!!! Nice job!!!

Welcome to the forum @Predator !

That’s a an impressive & well crafted vignette!

1 Like

Welcome aboard. A good creation in the making indeed. Hope you will enjoy your stay here and share many more of your work.

~ Eddy :tophat:

1 Like

Welcome to the crazy house … And have fun and enjoy :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome @Predator ! You will find a lot of helpful and interesting posts here!

Welcome! And there is nothing simple about your model, looks really good, I like it a lot, is something very different to the ‘usual content’ :+1:

Welcome. Great little scene you’ve created there.

Cheers,
C.

What a wound! A spear tip broken off in the pelvis.

1 Like

More information here:
http://tormarton.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Bronze-Age-skeletons-found-on-WL-Common.pdf

The chap in question was already on display in Bristol Museum when I saw him, many years ago and soon after he was found. The area was re-excavated thirty years after the original discovery and more remains were found:

Nowadays modern sensibilities dictate human remains, however ancient, are screened while being exhumed but I have attended several excavations over the years where it was possible to observe the process; I’ve never actually encountered identifiable human remains in any dig I have participated in.

Regards,

M

Welcome! I really like your project. Very good composition!