I bought these kits on Holliday

Thanks for the detailed reply! Maybe I’ll stick with my drywall paste and latex paint mix, it was easy enough and I think it turned out decently well.

I thought about milliput but I suck ar working with it. It sticks to everything, never rolls thin enough for me, etc.

I’ve got that Italeri German equipment set w the zimmerit and I agree. But could a guy use a section or two as a stamp over one of the putty solutions? Would cover a large area simply was my thought.

@MontanaHunter Chris That’s a very creative :bulb:idea ! That’s an interesting idea. It seems like it’s worth testing. No telling what will work well without testing.

There’s a lot unique ideas that work very well for Zimmerit.

Paper Napkin Zimmerit
One of my friends, trimmed the border of a paper napkin. It had embossed ridges. He coated the border edge in white glue and water and let it set up. It made a surprising good Zimmerit sheet for a 1/72 scale Panther. He cut sections out and glued to the model. Gave the Zimmerit an extra coat of Mr Surfacer to seal it. The resulting Panther looked fantastic.

He felt it would work in 1/35 scale if one could find the right paper napkin.

Interesting to read about the different ways of applying zimmerit.
Especially thanks to @Armor_Buff for the detailed reply and descriptions he provided to the different methods of applying the zimmerit.
Personally, I think to get started with zimmerit.
I just use the stickers or papers probably.
I can always get a going at testing and trying out other methods later.