I ❤ Kit HEMTT A3 w/C-RAM announced

I’ll be picking up one of these bad boys, even if it wasn’t fielded. It’s just too cool not to have.

3 Likes

Its a big stinky truck with a crazy gun mounted on it … whats not to love lol ??

2 Likes

Only a potential expensive cost….that’s what I am waiting to see about. Might need to wait for the secondary market to acquire.

3 Likes

I have a list on Ebay that the wife will randomly buy a kit or two off of so that is where they will go.

1 Like

Listing at about $135 total, shipped on Ebay currently.

1/35 HEMTT A3 for sale | eBay

3 Likes

ouch that hurt just reading it

1 Like

And don’t forget you’ll have to get rid of those nasty vinyl tires - another $40…

2 Likes

I honestly don’t mind the vinal tires and with the price of this kit I will just work them until they look good.

1 Like

I agree, the current Trumpeter vinyl tires look quite good. I have left them on all my HEMTT builds (and other Trumpeter trucks).

Also, with the amount of plastic you get, and PE included, the price is not bad and in line with their other recent large truck kits.

2 Likes

I just like to dust them up a little to know down the shine and run the tread on some sandpaper and a lightly damp sponge to give it that drove around look. This might be a good topic to start in an independent thread. hint and tips to working with vinal tires/tracks.

2 Likes

I’m not saying the Trumpeter tires are bad; they are very well molded. I’m just wondering if they’re going to melt or react with the styrene wheels in a few years.
The Trumpeter HEMTT kits are very well priced for what you get in the box. I have 3, 1 built, and am very happy with them.

2 Likes

I have a Trumpeter M983A2 HEMTT Tractor from about 2016 on the shelf and have had no issues with it. A Mk23 MTVR from '13 as well w/no issues. I actually have had no issues with any Trumpeter vinyl tires. I do fully paint the rim with solid enamel paint. I think this is the key, don’t have any exposed plastic touching the vinyl. I also think their vinyl is more stable than some of the older types (such as Dragon’s) were.

2 Likes

I too have heard the horror stories of vinal melting in the plastic on older kits but I don’t think I have seen too much of that in the newer kits.

1 Like

Thinking about it more, I think it was really only Dragon vinyl tires that had the biggest issues. I have an AFV Club M49A2C with vinyl tires that I originally built in the 1994/95 timeframe, when I was a young 2LT at Ft Sill during OBC. I rebuilt it a couple years ago (2019) as well. The tires/wheels on it look as good as they did back in '94 when I first opened the box. No issues at all.

M49A2 Fueler Rebuild

2 Likes

The USMC should buy the C-RAM mounted on LVSR, but the 20mm Phalanx’s radar dome is too tall to fit in the Amphib Decks.

Perhaps an open cargo deck like the LUSV, MUSV, or LAW/LSM would work for USMC C-RAM.

Anyway, nice to see this made in 1/35 scale even if it is a prototype.

1 Like

$120 at Microworld Games. I ordered from them before many years ago and it was fine although I don’t know how they are now post-pandemic.

Area code (240) places them in Maryland, USA.

Scroll 1/3rd down…

1 Like

This may have to wait… Those prices are still close to or over a ton over here… And I have already crossed one line getting that Scammell Commander… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I agree!

Super cool.

1 Like

In stock at hobbyeasy for $90US. Grab two!

1 Like

Makes Ice Road Truckers look like a milk run.

1 Like