I ❤ Kit HEMTT A3 w/C-RAM announced

I :heart: Kit is showing a HEMTT A3 w/C-RAM as coming this year. We shall see.

Unfortunately, this set-up was only a prototype and never purchased nor fielded. The HEMTT A3 was a prototype with a diesel-electric drive system. Further, the C-RAM was fielded but mounted on a flatbed trailer, not a HEMTT.

6 Likes

I Love Kit is plastic, right? This will be good

If I could merge threads… That turret would look great on the Merkava SPAAG ‘whatif’ going on.

1 Like

Yes, Styrene. It is a subsidiary of Trumpeter. A lot of what is issued under the name are from other people’s moulds, e.g. Their M19 Tank transporter is from the Merit moulds.

1 Like

RPG talked about a C-RAM in 1/35 as well.
I don’t know if those plans are still valid …

Maybe someone “edited” an image of a 1/72nd scale kit …

Trumpeter apparently announced a 1/35th scale kit way back in May 2020. Maybe this is the end product?
https://archive.armorama.com/forums/285599/

One potential good sign is that the HEMTT A3 uses the same extended cab as the HEMTT A4 and PLS. Hopefully they are in the pipeline as well.

4 Likes

Want one … I’m now hooked on 8 wheelers lol

1 Like

Check out this video about 8 wheelers in rough terrain-

All still Trumpeter in the end, regardless who’s name is on it. Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, I Love Kit, Merit, Gallery.

All Trumpeter in the end.

1 Like

If I could merge threads… That turret would look great on the Merkava SPAAG ‘whatif’ going on.

Good idea!

2 Likes

Just watched this, puts all of our first world problems into perspective!!

They have a series of these types of videos.
These are some hard working people.

And they just get on with it. I know some oxygen thieves who would just collapse and give up.

2 Likes

Looks like these are available now at Asian and some US sellers.

4 Likes

I have a question about this kit. Please correct me if I am wrong but I was told the HEMTT A3 was not fielded. The A3 variants were an experimental hybrid dive with electric motors at the hubs. Great idea but never issued to the common soldier. Now don’t get me wrong I love any new HEMTT kit and will very enthusiastically pursue this one. Now looking at the picture the cab resembles the A4 variant and if this is the case then I’m even more excited because there is not a A4 out yet and we might have a good kit showing the A4 suspension.

1 Like

You are correct.

As I stated in the initial post…

And a few more down…

2 Likes

My bad I guess if you pay attention then you suffer from foot in mouth disorder a lot less. I’m still going to buy this and build it.

3 Likes

Any ideas about cost yet ?

1 Like

I thought that during one of my web site browsing days I had seen the 1/35 C-RAM mounted on a trailer and the HEMTT kit once. was I hallucinating or did somebody actually mold it.