IA-58A Pucará - Malvinas/Falkland - 1982 - 1/72 Special Hobby

Hello everyone, I present my new project. If airplanes are not my thing, I hope to get a good result, time will tell us how the result will be, I hope well. The model that I will put together is a Special Hobby in a 1/72 scale.
I will add some Argentine decals from dukel hobby. For now I will be looking for information to have references for its assembly.

The objective

Regards, Omar

6 Likes

The first step, the seats …

Regards

4 Likes

Looks good. Great work on the seats.
Will watching with interest, always thought the Pucara was a really cool aeroplane.

Somewhere I have the Airfix rebox of this kit, without all the fancy resin of the Special Hobby issue.

2 Likes

Great subject Omar. Where did the seat belts come from? They look super intricate.

1 Like

I’ll be following this. I’ve always wanted to build a Pucara of the Fuerza Aérea Argentina in '82. What would be the correct colors for this bird?

2 Likes

Well here exist a lot of material, if you want to see this airplane, looks, it a good pic where we can see it:

The scheme of colours, I choose is this one:

DJclcIOWsAEhAeO

The PE were difficult to put in the position that we see, the glue and the pieces didn’t glue. Really If I can I usually I escape the use them. But in this case they have come with good details, and I used them.

3 Likes

Ready the seats … the last of the day …

Merry Christmas!!! To every one, Omar

2 Likes

Hello everyone, Happy new year everyone, I took a few steps forward with the Pucara IA-58, I finished the cockpit, and assembled the body of the aircraft, show the steps that I done:

Regards, Omar

3 Likes

Taking shape nicely Omar. Instrument panels look good :smiley:

1 Like

Thank Tim
I will try to do, the best that i can.
Regards

Well, the construction follow, I put the engines on the model and it is start to see like an aircraft … What do you thing?

3 Likes

Looking great Omar.
It’s a pretty looking aeroplane.

1 Like

Hello Friends, I have been studying the different variants of the schemes used in the Malvinas / Falklands war and I decided to change my original idea, since I found the colors of 511.
Moving forward with the base colors and armed with the support where the plane will be mounted, are the advances made so far:

IA-58 Pucara (24)

IA-58 Pucara (26)

Regards, Omar

3 Likes

Nice! Drill those gun ports though.

Good suggestion, I thought about it but I didn’t, let’s see if I’m up to it

Little progress with the Pucara IA-58… achieved the colors of the upper part, still missing…

Regards, Omar

3 Likes

The step of the day, changed the inferior color to light blue, make the holes of the arms and the front of nouse. And the helices were end…

Regards

4 Likes

Very nicely done Omar. Such a great, if unusaul camoflage. So typical of the Pucara :smiley:

1 Like

Hi All, the end of the colors, the Pucara goes to the end steps…

Regards, Omar

5 Likes

Hi, more advanced, decals is on the model, near of the final steps, show the advances:

Regards, Omar

5 Likes