ICM (35414) V3000S/SS M Maultier Ambulance w/Shelter

Hi guys, Just a small update today…

Got the hairy-stick out and painted the seats and door panels with Vallejo Red Leather (70.818). I gave the handles a quick dab of Vallejo Steel (71.065). Just practice since none of the interior will ever be seen.

There was no front shovel bracket provided in the kit, so I bent one up from a piece of scrap etch. Then it went flying by way of the Carpet Monster! … :stopwatch: Ten-minute rule. I just kept at it and quickly bent-up another one. Got lucky! The angles and attachment-points came out pretty close considering I just eyeballed it all!:sweat_smile:

So this is where you could say I painted myself into a corner… Subsequent to priming the bracket, I carefully slipped the shovel into position for a quick dry-fit. Then, I gave the handle a delicate vertical pinch with tweezers and it was in. The fit turned-out to be so precise that any attempt at moving it now would destroy the delicate work.😮‍💨 I ain’t ham-fisting it no more, it’s staying there for good!

:rotating_light:Still spinning my wheels before I commit to painting red crosses on white backgrounds. :x: :thinking:

Happy modeling!
—mike

4 Likes

Beautiful work, precision in action. Good luck with the crosses if you’re following the box art - any idea whether the crosses would have originally been sprayed/masked or hand-brushed?
(PS the last time I pinged a PE bracket into orbit - with a dab of cyano on it - after spending a fruitless half hour on the carpet with some gauze over the vacuum cleaner head, hours later I looked in the mirror & there it was, glinting on the edge of my :ear: ) :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

Thank’s Tim! I’m just winging it and going by the box art and reference image. Well… I really do need the masking practice, so my version will be masked/sprayed in an attempt to keep the contrasting colors as sharp as possible. I keep telling myself this is merely a “practice” build. :hammer_and_wrench::art:

With my vacuum cleaner going on the fritz lately, the Carpet Monster has become extremely upset with me… “What, no weekly vac-massages?!!”:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Now you’ve done it, I can’t get this image out of my head - you substituting for your vacuum cleaner on your hands & knees with a gauze mask making Darth Vader noises :mask:

1 Like

“Luke … “

mf

2 Likes

Corrective action needed?
bild

Very nice work on that bracket!
:smiley:

2 Likes

@ Robin, Thank’s for catching that which was hiding in plain sight! :mag:

Looks like I’ll be able to squeeze you in between my first and second cup of coffee depending on the insurance estimate. … I’ll get back to you.

—mike

In the meantime, the original “lost gold” was excavated in a nearby corner of my workbench. :crown: Haha!
And just as an afterthought… I’ve included a reference photo (Opel Maultier mounting).

3 Likes

While ‘Mr. Surfacer 1000’ was drying on the hood blemish, OCD forces compelled me to add a long-overlooked (avoided) part to the rear shovel bracket. With said forces increasing, I sneaked around ‘Smaug’ to steal the shovel right from under his nose.:dragon: To my surprise, the front bracket held without being ripped from the fender.

Before repainting, I gave the inside of the front bracket a light twist of a drill bit. Then I sanded-down the shovel’s handle and painted it with Vallejo Old Wood (70.310). Parts tolerances seem perfect now. :mag:

Where there is paint, there is strength. :art:

To be continued…

5 Likes

Nice detail mod

1 Like

Thank’s for having a look, guys!

Now with shovel detail outa’ the way, I got motivated to paint the chassis and some misc. parts. So I cranked-up the Grex and “Drunkelgelb” happened.
Vallejo Desert Yellow (70.977).

That’s it for now. More “Drunkelgelb” to follow soon…

—mike

6 Likes

Ahhh yes I dimly remember Drunkelgelb, don’t go near the yellow snow eh? The Diorama Police still haven’t dropped the outstanding warrants on your Feldwebel Rot & the Supremes DAK build from waaay, way back :oncoming_police_car: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Uhhh… gulp… found us again, have you? :astonished: There’s just no ducking the Polizei. :sunglasses::oncoming_police_car::sunglasses:
I know nothing… :zipper_mouth_face:

Somewhere in North Africa… engine idling…

3 Likes

Meanwhile in a nearby sub-assembly…

4 Likes

:sunglasses::oncoming_police_car::sunglasses: You there… STOP!

🧔‍♂️ These are not the tyres you are looking for.

😵‍💫😵‍💫 These are not the tires we are looking for…

Tires and road wheels: Vallejo Dark Rubber (70.306). Idlers, return rollers and sprocket teeth: Vallejo Dark Steel Pigment (73.123).

Lots of touch-up left but this is all my eye could stand today. …:paintbrush: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Immaculate! You know some pedant’s gonna talk about t*re valves right? Not me natch :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Hey Tim and fellow lurkers, thank’s for having a look!

Here’s my next installment. Hope you like it. :smile:

“You Can’t Wear White After Labor Day”…

So the Pope said I’d better get my act together and start painting his freakin’ Vatican.’ “And don’t you dare get any over-spray on my stained glass!” :rage:

Glass, what glass? We don’t have no stinkin’ glass… Joseppi, tape 'er up and call it good. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::innocent:

Now roll 'er into the booth.

And because Ezra said so… white it is. Vallejo White (70.951) to be exact, cause’ that’s what I had on my shelf… so there’s that. :art:

With summer drawing to a close, today turned into a 'spray-and-pray’ session, as there seemed to be an airbrush malfunction every other minute. Luckily, I had a spare Grex in the quiver and so I was able to limp along to a recovery of sorts. … And oh yeah, there was vacuum cleaner drama as well, hence the spray booth schmutz all over my work. :microbe: :mag:

@ Robin, Sorry sir, that ding on the hood didn’t buff out quite as expected. Please note: Your insurance didn’t cover the work. Here’s your key and your bill: $$,$$$.02¢ US. Please pay the cashier before leaving the premises. :key: :receipt:

Well, that will have to make do for today. Whew, bright! :sunglasses:

Happy Labor Day and stay safe! :slightly_smiling_face:
—mike

9 Likes

Looks great! The white seems to have worked fairly well.

1 Like

As some say around here, noice - was that one or more coats? btw you have to take 1st prize in the little-known backgrounds competition, professional standard :trophy: I see some more serious masking in your future. HLD :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Thank’s Ezra! I’m starting to like the refrigerator look.:cold_face:

Thank’s for the kind words, Tim!
Rumor has it, the Diorama Police have been conducting “background” checks. :sunglasses:

It took approximately three to four light coats with a few minutes of hair-drying (or hair-raising moments) in-between.

Cheers!
—mike

1 Like

EARL’S BODY SHOP “I’ll paint any car for just $99.95”
Drunkelgelb applied (timestamp: 0:20)

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Dude! Where’s the rest of my car? !!!

Vallejo Desert Yellow (70.977)

:sweat_smile: Well sir, if you insist. Here are some more of your parts…

I suppose toning-down the hood (bonnet) and shelter are up next… or maybe weathering the tracks. :thinking:

Thank’s for having a look. Please stay tuned…

Please Stand By...

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

6 Likes