IDF 75 Campaign

Hi @michaelsatin

I just created my first build proposal. FYI. To add the buttons for 'Going", etc, you need to click on the settings icon:

and then select create an event. Add the dates and set it for ‘Public’ so anyone can select a button if they want to. It will look like this when you have done it:

It looks like this when the thread is created/updated:

Thanks, but the problem is that, now I’ve already created it, I don’t know how to get to the setting icon. It doesn’t appear when I look at the topic or try to edit it.

Michael

That is strange. I created my post, then thought I would try and help you, so I went into the thread again and selected edit, so I could get these pics for you!

Not to worry, it is not going to stop us from joining, that is for sure.

True! :clap:

I could be tempted. I wouldn’t mind doing an IDF M3 half-track or a super Sherman. Does anyone know of a F4 phantom or F15 that comes with Israeli markings in the box ?

I know Great Wall makes a 1/48 F-15B/D and an F-15I both with Israeli markings in them which are very nice, though pricey. Also, aftermarket IAF decals are out there at fairly reasonable prices.

As far as the halftrack and Sherman, Dragon does several IDF M3 halftracks and Tamiya does an M51, all of which are also good.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hasegawa did one in 1/48:

and 1/72

and a 1/48th Phantom:

Italeri did a Phantom:

2 Likes

Now this might be my first actual campaign to join. Big fan of those IDF guys/gals. So, I will look into what I can submit.

Will there be a announcement before the campaign start date as it still few months out?

Btw, Kinetic did 1/48 F-16I…

2 Likes

Yes, the thread will also go active and more posts will get put in once people start to go firm with what kits they are going to do for the campaign

1 Like

@Johnnych01, sounds good. I will start digging into the pile :grin:

1 Like

@Johnnych01, you know if you want to get crazy like me there is an option for 1/32 F-15C/I, F-16C/D/I, A-4E/H, F-4E, Mirage, P-51, and a Spitfire with aftermarket decals for Israeli AF :cowboy_hat_face:

Almost for the F-35 :wink:

Edit: currently available decals from Isradecals

And some others can be found on eBay if we look hard enough.

The staging area (where we are now) is just to see about general interest and people who may take part and throwing around info about available kits and so on and so forth. As the start date gets closer, things get firmed up, people post images or say what they have decided on to build and then a few days before or on the day, one of the admin staff will move the build to active and off you go …
I dont think I could fit the 1/32 birds anywhere; would love to have one, but cost can be a factor as well …I like the look of any of the 1/48 F4’s, F 15’s or those F18’s you posted … will have to sweet talk SWMBO :grin:

1 Like

Oh yeah, you have to keep the big boss man in the loop. Otherwise things can go sideways fast. Especially, if you get into these large scale kits :smile:

Btw, thank you for the information again.

I might be in with this chap:

Does anyone know where can I get these?

I might throw in a camel ot two:

s-l500

1 Like

Google turned up these from a German site:

Another couple turned up from a South African website.

1 Like

Thanks, Peter! If I’m not mistaken, those are Mauser 98ks.

NO CAMELS!

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t have Camels…

2 Likes

They are actually the Czech P-18, which was just the name the Czech’s gave the Karabiner 98 kurz. Czech factories made the 98k during the war and continued to make them afterwards. They sold them under their own designation. This rifle was the single most common weapon of the IDF at the time.

There are camels in Israel, but not in the wild. Almost all are domesticated and used by Bedouin - and apparently are a hazard to motorists…

Most, but not all of them. Until the Czech arms deal in 1947, the Hagana obtained surrendered ex-German k98s from various European sources. Many of these weapons still had their original German markings stamped on their receivers.