IDF 75 Campaign

And thanks Israel and Nikos for the ongoing supply of information, it is fantastic.

cheers
Michael

Painfully slow (for me) progress. Painted, gloss coated and decaled. Pictures with wife’s phone don’t show the color very well. It’s a custom mix Tamiya of IDF sand 67. Started with a dark brown and white preshade. Wasn’t satisfied with the contrast so I post shaded with a lighter shade of the base color to get a more defined contrast. Doesn’t show up well in the photos.

Magach

Magach2

Magach3

Magach4

Magach5

10 Likes

Looking good though DV… Slow progress is good though… It’s moving forward just nicely :+1:

Alpha progress. I’m going to add 3D printed tie downs instead of the usual fussy PE type.

6 Likes

Looking very nice Al. The AM tie downs look so much better to my eye. They give a real 3D (excuse the pun) authentic look instead of the usual flat PE ones .:+1:

2 Likes

While waiting for the oil wash to dry on the Magach continued to work on the Tiran turret. Also managed to get an oi wash on the Tiran lower hull.

@gtdeath13 . Nikos. I am about to start painting the interior components of the Tiger Models Nagmachon and was wondering if you have any photos of fire extinguishers from the inside of IDF vehicles?

I presume the larger ones would be red, but not sure if they would have instruction placards printed on them or not. I did find this pic, but unsure if it is a domestic use or possibly a vehicle one:

The osprey book has a diagram of the Achzarit interior which shows the larger ones like this:

Also, I was wondering if the smaller internal ones would also be red, or green or grey as per you comments above. (Assuming of course that the FE provided in the kit are correct!)

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Interior of a M109 Rochev, notice the red fire extinguishers of the permament fire extinguishing system

Namer Interior, same red permanent fire extinguishers

This is a Puma, notice the portable fire extinguisher

These are from a Nagmachon

79_b

1 Like

Wow Nikos. That was a super quick response!

The three near the driver all appear to be the portable type, the larger 2 have the hose and the smaller the handle clamp trigger:

Then the three larger ones in the fighting compartment appear to be one fixed integrated type (N38/N39) and two portable ones with handle clamps:

All of which I assume are red. Or the split one could be this:

Then two smaller ones, again with the handle clamp trigger:

which based on your pic, I can do green for some variety.

Thank you very much for your help. These are perfect for me to use to ‘guesstimate’ the markings.

1 Like

I finally found the photo with the red portable fire extinguisher I had, but it is a helicopter not a vehicle. So I guess I was wrong about red ones on vehicles.

I also found a photo of a Doher with the permanent fire extinguisher having CO2 printed on

5 Likes

I’ve started painting…
Peter :grinning:

6 Likes

Are there any unattractive women in the IDF? I have yet to see any.

3 Likes

Very true… There seems to be a lot of real stunners

1 Like

Well, this lass isn’t exactly my cup of tea…

5 Likes

Looks like you had to go back into the archives for that one….

Alpha progress:

6 Likes

Ooh Yeah Nodding GIF - Ooh Yeah Nodding I Like It - Discover & Share GIFs

Magach got sprayed with a clear matt. Hope to continue weathering this afternoon.

Tiran lower hull and wheels also got a matt coat. Hope wo mount the wheels this evening. Meanwhile work continues on the turret.

Hope to have pictures of loth later tonight.

Lots of fantastic work!
I really need to get on with my M113 again.,

Painting nearly done, next stop canopy and decals.:slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Coming along nicely. Like the scheme, nice sharpe dges. :+1: :+1: Did you AB or brush?

1 Like