IH-8066 aka XM523E2 truck and trailer

Impressive work indeed ! Just in case you want to buy a 1:1 one :wink:

http://www.forestreetrader.com/ftlisting/1965-international-8066-prime-mover-day-cab-truck/

H.P.

2 Likes

this is the same truck i am making based on the same images

Looks like the top 4 pictures where taken in Mannheim Germany! Awesome pictures!

1 Like

yes true by the 377th transportation company
time period 1965 until 1974

If i’m not mistaken, they where out off Turley Barracks! I remember seeing some M746’s, M911’s in the late 70’s, 80’s and the 90’s!

1 Like

100 % correct

the last image is in lebanon, mid 80s during the civil wars of the militia factions

Absolutely amazing- I was blown away by the intricacy of the engine & steering linkages. Someone should be sending you very large paychecks for work like that!!!

1 Like

thank you :slight_smile: thank you :slight_smile:

i am trying

cheers man

Guilbert, where you stationed in Mannheim? If yes, what years? Awesome Scratch Building you are doing!

1 Like

oh no, but i did visit the barracks when i was in Germany

i was searching for more info and the manuals and catalogs for this truck and trailer

still searching

That’ some impressive scratch building.
I’m a big fan of scratch building.

Cheers,
Ralph

1 Like

I used to work in Mannheim, the first time I remember seeing any tank transporters, was the late 70’s! I really kept my eyes out after that time frame! Mannheim at that time was all M911’s, Taylor Barracks have a few of the M746’s parked in a motor pool!

2 Likes

thank you mech

Truck detailing complete

Next is wheels and tires test fitting

Enjoy and happy modelling

6 Likes

Been awesome watching this build coming together - I do have a quick question please.
Where did you source those amazing sets of tires from ? Regards Herman

1 Like

Thank you :blush:
I am glad you like it

The wheels tire combo are a set from an old tamiya dragon wagon kit

I converted one of each of the original wheels in order to mimic the wheels of the truck in question (ih8066)

Then made copies in resin

Same goes for the trailer wheels

The truck wheels of this truck are coupled on Clark’s axles

And the trailer wheels are duals on dyton type rims

Cheers Herr Herman :tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Thanks for the response the info is really helpful - Your build is being keenly watched and been shared to my friends from IPMS Seattle who are avid 1/24 & 1/25 Scale Truck Scratch builders.

1 Like

Send my regards to all

This would make a wonderful truck in 1/24 or 1/25

Try and motivate someone who is willing to venture into making this at that scale

I would be more than happy to provide references and guidance

Cheers budy

Superb work,my friend

1 Like