'Inspirations'

Just a quick couple questions for clarification:

Are the feature posts marked “Inspirations” just builds gleaned off the internet and posted (as it says for inspiration) or does the original poster have some connection to the builder?

In the spirit of “inspirations” would it be possible (and make sense) to pull some feature submissions from the early days of Armorama and run them as ‘inspirations’ on the new site?

Cheers,
C.

2 Likes

And to add to this it would be nice if more info were included - at the very least the scale but even nicer would be who’s kit , scratch built , etc . Knowing this can only add to the appreciation of the work .

3 Likes

No answer from mods? Is anyone looking?

“Are the feature posts marked “Inspirations” just builds gleaned off the internet and posted (as it says for inspiration) or does the original poster have some connection to the builder?”

Cheers,
C.

Hi Charles,
I have been told directly from Adie that all of the work he publishes is with the consent of the modeler. And he notifies them when they have been put up on one of our sites.

As for going through older articles and republishing items, sure we can do that. No one is yet though. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jim

1 Like

Could we ask for at least what kit was used?

And scale ?

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the response. I wasn’t questioning consent, I was just curious if there was some association between the builder and the persons publishing them. I do agree with others in that more information would be appreciated (scale, kit(s) involved, modeler country of origin etc.)

As for older features…there are hundreds of great models and dioramas that have been published on Armorama over the years. I venture most of them haven’t been seen by the majority of folks on the site. Maybe a nostalgia section featuring builds from Armorama’s past showing the feature and when it was originally published. It wouldn’t have to supersede anything already on the site and could be a stand alone feature or combined with the ‘inspiration’ series.

Cheers,
C.

Hey RDT
Hi, I always include the scale which should appear in the top left-hand corner of the post if this is not appearing please message me or Jim and we can address this issue. As for more detail, I will endeavour to list these when using peoples work for inspirations, I know that most people with figures in the diorama tend to make their own figures. I will try to get as much information as possible in future inspirations posts

All the best Adie

Hi Top Smith
This I am trying to sort out, I have a rough idea as I have been building models for more years than I care to remember most I do know and will put them in the listing, but if you would like to know more about anything in particular then please ask as most of the people I use for Inspirations are genuine friends of mine. Even those that are not friends I always gain there permission and obviously have their contact details. So I can always go back and enquire any further details.

Thanks, a lot of readers see some aspect of the diorama such as the figures, vehicle or buildings and want to find those to include in something they want to work on. It is nice to know what you are then looking for. The kit or manufacturer at least would be a help.

Hi Charles
I hope you don’t mind me using your name Darren Baker told me your name, All the inspirations I post are either my friends or people that I become friends with after asking them for permission, so I do have a connection with them, funny you should ask about the older builds it is something that we mentioned about in a general conversation a few weeks back. if I can be of any further help to you please do not hesitate to contact me
All the best Adie

Adie,
I certainly don’t mind you using my name. Better than some other things you could call me :flushed:
I was just curious where all the fantastic ‘inspirations’ builds were coming from and what the back story was on them. If it sounded like I was implying they were being published without permission please accept my apology.
That wasn’t the intention.
I’m happy you all are kicking around the idea of resurrecting some of the older submissions from Armorama. There have been many superb models and dioramas featured over the years and they deserve to be seen again by those who missed them the first time around. I would venture to guess that many folks now on the site were babies or children when Jim first debuted Armorama.
At any rate, keep up the good work.

Cheers,
C.

Hi Charles,
I have been around the modelling scene for many years now and was lucky to be able to produce/make a number of model builds for films and a long running well known series. During this time I have been very lucky to meet some of the most talented modellers from all around the world. You learn very quickly that Asian countries always have a new influx of young modellers every year and most of them from a young age are quite competent when it comes to the building and painting. Unfortunately the UK market was huge but the youngsters of today seem more interested in mobile phones, game consoles and not so much modelling, this is why I have been putting up inspirations now for a number of years (only just started Inspirations in kitmaker network) hoping to inspire young and old alike to step out of their comfort zone and try something new.
No need for any apology I never thought that I was just hoping to explain what it is I try to do :laughing:
Thanks for taking the time to come back to me I enjoy chatting
All the best Adie

1 Like