Is Airfix getting cheeky?

READ THE FIRST POST… I did LOOK IT it up on Scalemates. THAT was part of the problem. Nearest hobby shop is 500 miles away … one way.

1 Like

i kinda like the idea of a new 1/48 Buccaneer but done in RAF Desert colours from the first gulf war.

From what some others have said, the RAF buccaneer, will be out probably next year, or the next🤔

i know they have a new 1/48 navy Buccaneer…so I’m wondering what would be needed to make an RAF one, what external changes would be needed other than gulf war decals.

Got ya… my reading retention ain’t what it used to be… Attention to detail. 500 miles to the nearest real hobby shop? That sucks. I guess my 40 minute drive ain’t so bad.

Airfix is s’pose to be releasing two Bucs. Forget which verions but seems one was in DS colors. Look it up on Scalemates . Timeline should show both.

1 Like

Alzheimer’s drill. :slight_smile: Practice for the future. (Just think, youll be able to hide your own easter eggs!) Nearest hobby shop is in Lost Wages … errr … Las Vegas … at the other end f the state. (there is a Hobbylobby in town. OK for glue and exacto blades … if in stock … but little else. ) Thank God for on line.

1 Like

Pretty sure they finally got around to replacing that last year.

There was a new one released, but the old one is also still available in their “Starter Kit” range. Maybe it is just old stock run out.

Nah. The starter kit is the same tooling as the new one, with easier tracks and some detail parts missing.

This is the New tool kit:

The starter kit misses the Wheel sprue on the left and the detail sprue on the right.

1 Like