Is Civilized Models gone?

I ordered their Pitts S-1C kit (one of the only ones they still show on the site) but it has not shipped.

1/48 Pitts S-1C

Emails bounce and the phone is disconnected. The CC charge went through, though.

Anyone know what’s going on? Seems dead to me; I’ll probably start a chargeback shortly.

Is Civilized Models gone? Good question! I ordered 4 models in January of 2023. Three in kit form and one professionally assembled. The models are my actual real Pitts S-2C.
I paid $364 in January of 2023 and now 11 months later not a word from Civilized Models & my phone calls are not returned & emails don’t work. I contacted my Credit card company in June & they can’t get get anywhere with Civilized Models bank.
I recommend DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CIVILIZED MODELS in ONTARIO CALIFORNIA or ANY ADDRESS!!!
Doug.

1 Like

Yep, seems they’re gone. Which is a shame. I have a nice resin kit of theirs from a few years earlier. They made good stuff.

I successfully initiated a chargeback with my bank a couple weeks after purchasing. Sorry to hear your bank can’t make any headway.