Is SVSM website dead?

Hi all
I tried to access the Silicon Valley Scale Modelers site to look at some walkarounds but I only et a error message stating the server IP address is impossible to find. Is the site under maintenance or is it dead which would be a real pity?

Olivier

1 Like

i have had the same problem with the website “Resin Illuminate”.
i know it’s not much help but they might be linked.

Klaus

I don’t know about SVSM, but the Resin Illuminati site is dead. I was an old member of that group, had not been on it for a couple years or so; last week I received an email from them stating they were shutting down. Here is a copy of the message:
All: The RI forums will permanently shut down on 3/31/22. The low traffic volume just does not justify the cost and effort of running and maintaining them. Going forward, the FaceBook group will be the official home of Resin Illuminati. Thank you for contributing to the forums over the years, and we hope you will continue to do so on FaceBook.
Hopefully, SVSM site is still up, they have some great stuff there.
Ken

1 Like

thank for the info Ken

I wouldn’t be surprised. They hadn’t updated their meeting information in a while. The Gallery also took a hit a while back due to mistakes in maintenance and they were trying to restore it.

Silicon Valley Scale Modeler’s Website

Has not been updated but the old stuff is still there.

The club is still alive but I had to go to IPMS Fremont’s website to confirm.

1 Like

Thank you Gary.
Maybe that was just a temporary maintenance issue.

Olivier

I guess it wasn’t a temporary maintenance issue. Here is a link to the
New SVSM Gallery.

1 Like

Thank you for the information Gary.

Olivier

It’s ALIVE! The website has been finally updated with Meeting and 2023 Contest information.

1 Like