Italari 1/12 Alfa Romeo Monza 8c

Yes I know a bloke who does the same with classic jags and he thinks anyone could do it.
More work on this.

1 Like

Hi all rear dampers done WAPITA

Pleased they’re done but they took ages.

3 Likes

Nice work Ken ! Change your mind about the wheels from Unobtanium yet ? They look very good .

As I said Richard, I don’t mind the kit ones, can’t really see anything much wrong with them.

1 Like

Ken,
Engine detailing is really looking quite good. As for the rear dampers, I’m really impressed. Just looking at them I can see why they took ages to complete. Each one looks like a miniature model of it’s own.

joel

Hi all there are upgrade kits for the wheels of this kit but I honestly can see nothing wrong with the kit ones, they don’t even need cleaning no flash of anything.

4 Likes

Tried some of the body panels on.

3 Likes

Looks amazing. Love that color.

Ken,
Agreed that those kit wheels look pretty good. Just curious how the AM wheels would look in comparison.

The body really looks quite good fitting to the chassis.

joel

More trials of the body fit (I really love this kit)

3 Likes

This looks seriously good Ken.

Ken,
She looks fantastic at this stage, and the paint job is really standing out as you dry fit more and more body panels.

joel

Thanks mate.
More done to the Alfa added detail to the firewall (put the rubber strip round where the bonnet goes and some wires) added (or as much as I can see) the throttle linkage (not sure where to route the throttle linkage) all the pics I can find finish where it is now, obviously it must end up at the peddle but no idea how it goes from where it is now to the peddle.

Loving the detail on the grill (this from a man that hates PE

1 Like

Ken,
The rubber gasket for the hood really is well done.

Just love your radiator too. Plenty of detail and depth rather then just one solid pc.

joel

OK so I’ve added locknut detail to the radiator cowling ( loads more of that to add ) added the advance/ retard mechanism and the low tension leads to the coil and to the distributor (still to make the condenser)

3 Likes

Looking very nice Ken - I’ve become a bit of an Alfa fan .
Cheers-Richard

Thanks richard

Ken,
I’ve gotta say that you’ve really turned this kit from what it was intended to be, into a really exceptionally well detailed model.

I really like the lock nut wiring to the radiator. Interesting that they used one large piece for each side, rather then what we’d do here is a separate piece for each nut/bolt.

the extra details added to the distributor and coil just adds to the total overall effect of the engine compartment.

joel

Thanks Joel much appreciated
Hi all did more work on the engine and the cockpit

And more work underneath.

2 Likes

Ken,
All those extra details are really paying off as your build is reaching another level for sure.

My only issue is that you don’t leave any space between pictures, That makes it impossible for me to change the vertical to a horizontal orientation when needed for proper viewing. Also the site’s ability to enlarge a picture in two steps to full screen doesn’t work unless each picture is separate.

With my poor eyesight, enlarging your pictures lets me really see and appreciate all the work you’ve done.

joel