Just a quickie build

Hey all, Ive been stuck at home being Covid positive for the last few days and decided a small little dio would be a fun project and I dug out the base I made for a 1/72 halftrack I made a year ago and I turned this…

Into this…

The sign is from an old Cyber hobby/Dragon Pz. IV, the painting was done mostly by wet blending AMMO enamels and the wet freezing water is Future floor polish mixed with army painter strong tone.
The snow was made by mixing baking soda, Future, and a little brown paint and as I continued to build up the effect I added less and less brown paint till it was almost pure white.

I will be adding the figure with the Mg-15 from this MB set to finish the base. I should have the set in about a week.

What yall think?

13 Likes

Very nice, and thanks for the description of techniques. I never thought to use Future like that. Great idea.

Again, well done Ezra… Hope the COVID is passed soon :+1:

Thanks guys!
@Johnnych01 thanks, Im feeling alot better today actually.

Some work done to the sign.

9 Likes

Looks very good Ezra!
Cheers and especially get well!

1 Like

Nice work, Ezra. Looking forward to the figure addition. Mostly looking forward to you shaking that sh… stuff and making a full recovery.

—mike

2 Likes

Very resourceful and good eye. I would’ve never known it was a different scale to begin with.

2 Likes

That base is some extraordinary work Ezra. Get well and come out to see us.

1 Like

Thanks guys! I cant wait to paint up the figure.
Also great news, my Covid test came back a negative today! Im back on for Armorcon. :grin:

6 Likes

Woo Hoo!!! Eastbound and Down! Prepare yourself for a mind blowing weekend!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot guys!
Here is most likely Armorcon entry. 3 if I can finish it in time.

The Master Box figure was fairly nice and the only changes was swapping out the Mg-15 for the more chunky looking Mg-42 which received a hollow barrel from some AM company, a more natural looking hand from Dragon (Without glove) and a PE sling from Dragon as well.

He was painted mostly using AMMO and Army Painter paints.
The white poncho was painted by first airbrushing an off white, then I hit it with slightly watered down AP strong tone and worked my way up the highlights with whiter and whiter colors.
The greatcoat was AMMO Dunkelgrau slightly darkened with black then highlights were progressively lighter shades filling in less and less area.
The face was a base of Army Painter Barbarian flesh, hit with a reddish brown wash, another coat of BF then I kept adding highlights with buff. I finished it with a red filter over the cheeks and exposed hand.
You cant see in these pics but under the greatcoat he is wearing Pea Dot camo pants.

Im no expert on figure painting (This is prolly only my second 1/35 fig and my first in a standalone base.) but Im liking how hes shaping up.

What yall think?

13 Likes

I think I like it. Nice figure painting

1 Like

He looks looks cold, muddy and tired. Nice work!

—mike

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Just wait until I add the wet effects and snow to the figure. :grin:

1 Like

Greate work… small but effective…

Nice wheather effects, and the roadsigns adds the cherry on the cake…

Also the figure looks nice…

2 Likes

+1 to all the excellent comments :clap:

Very sweet A++

2 Likes

Nice tight little scene. Burr cold. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Very nice composition Ezra. Very nice painting and effects. You have created …" One fatigued soldier, alone with his thoughts…" Well done

2 Likes

And finished!

" One fatigued soldier, alone with his thoughts…"

That was exactly what I was hoping to achieve so thank you John!

My last things I added were eyes, some more water, two chipped decals on his helmet and snow to Fritz and his Mg-42.

And to top it off a pic of his veryyy passably painted face.

@SSGToms expect to see this at Armorcon!

Thanks for following along for the ride guys!

10 Likes

I tossed in a little photoshop…

2021_09_23_0ot_Kleki (1)

6 Likes