Just curious, how many started/unfinished kits do you have?

Now that’s the type of excuse I need!

1. I can only work on 1 kit at a time and have to see it through from start to finish. No shelf queens at all.
3 Likes

Find out when I open my packed boxes,:rofl:, probably 12.

1 Like

5 that are in a serious wait state, 2 that are in progress.

The 5 that are in a serious wait state:
IJN Shoho: I got stuck on one photo-etch assembly, couldn’t figure out how to do it, and then kind of forgot about the kit
SMS Derfflinger: wanted to get back to this for the coal burners but never did.
Two 1/48 Albatros (a DIII and a DV): got stuck on an accurate rigging diagram. I have a feeling I might get back to these soon.
A miniart T-34 interior kit. I’m kind of embarrassed about this one, as I’m totally loving it. I just blocked on how to display it. I should probably just finish it.

Two… One that will likely never be finished and one that will definitely be completed sooner or later (but perhaps not as the vignette that I originally planned).

More than I thought lol just a quick check , the ones on the bench need finish weathering, some assembly, hand painting, the ones in my stash that have a red line thru them , have been started but not finished, or painted yet, sometimes I like to break things up and switch gears to other projects so I don’t get bored or go stale lol and this is the outcome of it!… but I must say I have been finishing them up slowly one by one.

1 Like

Probably about 10-12. I’m notorious for starting/getting a kit 90% finished then setting it aside until I feel I’ve got a good idea for a diorama that will fit the piece. Once the dio idea motivates me, I’ll finish it. This is not to say that I haven’t found partially finished kits that I’ve totally forgotten about, usually in a shoebox stashed underneath a bunch of stuff.

Cheers,
C.

Na i think it’s more OCD haha!

2 Likes

You mean CDO. :smirk:

3 Likes

I’m currently playing diorama roulette… working on groundwork for four bases and painting several figures which tend to bog things down when they’re on the bench. Also, I’ll be starting my first modern armor as elements trickle in for a Soviet T-64BV… make that five bases.:man_facepalming: But wait, there’s more! I’m multi-tasking. :hammer_and_wrench::art::paintbrush: :sweat_smile:

—mike

1 Like

Well, I must say the replies are interesting at the very least. A few comments I found amusing. Based on what I have read I’d say I fall into the bottom 10 to 20 percent (doing the poorest job of finishing kits). I’m guessing, but I think there might be an aircraft or two along with 8 to 10 cars, three ships and at least 2 to 3 dozen tanks. So somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 to 5 dozen kits being unfinished.
Thanks to all who responded. It was nice to find out that I’m not alone in this affliction.
God Bless You All,
Joe :+1: :+1:

None. I have a wife looking over my shoulder!!!

Seriously though I cant put something down until its finished. Another build would simply distract from finishing off anything.

(5) that I know of…

Easily 20. While i am very detail and research orientated, I bore easly and also get distracted by the “latest kit”. Also if i get a brain storm for a new kit-bash I’m off and running in that new direction.

About 100.

2 Likes

I believe the correct answer to this question is none. I do, however, have a large collection of models suitable for “in progress” pictures in a really complete modelling book. As soon as I can find a suitable author, my patience will be rewarded.

Cheers,
Colin

3 Likes

Easy answer:
Started: 2
unfinished (wip): the 2 started :wink:

1 Like

Hi Colder,
Thank you for clarifying what my situation is. I was just looking at it in the wrong way :grin: :roll_eyes:
God Bless You,
Joe :+1: :+1:

Let’s keep it a “i think a few more than 35 (when i last counted)” and move on :wink:

3 Likes