Large Mörser Karl dio. “Ziu Vor” Completed

Beautiful Erwin , good addition !!!

2 Likes

Very nice work Erwin! So much going on! This is huge!

1 Like

Still 10 figures left to be done… Already did more than half the figures… The worst figures (Trumpeter ones left to be done… Contemplating the replacement of their heads however, so that would delay competion…

3 Likes

What do you guys think : replace the head on these guys or not? If I would do so, won’t it look silly compared with the rest of the figure?

5 Likes

Man, this is really a huge dio. Which kid has to sleep on the couch, or is it you? Looks good, Erwin!

2 Likes

It indeed is a large diorama. It is 1,50 meter (5’) in length…

1 Like

As long as you’ve got plenty of spare heads you’ve got nothing to lose – might just be distracting enough, although those figures are fairly sub-standard – for your usual standard.

1 Like

I am afraid I don’t have the heads at the moment… And won’t they look out of place with nice detailed heads and those awfully sculpted/cast bodies? As for the painting, I did the best I can with the terrible material available…

3 Likes

I decided not to replace the heads of the goons.
This enabled me to finish yet another scene.
“Wo bleibt ja das LKW?”
A working party is in the process of unloading a bunch of crates from the box waggon. As always, there is this guy who keeps working while the others are taking a break.

While this one is done, I also could add the bloke that guides the ammunition Panzer IV off the flatcar…
This is getting somewhere…

10 Likes

Looking incredible Erwin. Lots of details!

2 Likes

Thanks Matthew! Only 6 figs and some acessories to go!

2 Likes

Beautiful Erwin , love the rail car !!!

1 Like

Thank you Glenn, but which one? The boxcar or the flatbed?

1 Like

I like the guy handling the tarp the best.
J

Even though he is a goon. Bad detailing, bad dimensions (like his cap…)
But his action is a nice one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The figs are looking fine, Ruck On, Brother Erwin!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Steve…

2 Likes

The Propaganda Kompagnie, ever ready for some nice footage to show in the cinemas, also arrived at the scene to capture the arrival of the glorious Karl. Yet the Hauptmann is not satisfied with the subject the Gefreiter is currently shooting.

9 Likes

Nicely done Erwin , isn’t that the Bravo 6 set ?

Thank you… That is correct. :slight_smile: There is a 3 fig in the set, but I am going to repurpose that one in the next little scene which is basically the final (4 figs in all).
About the title, I’ve been pondering over the working title, but am not really happy with it. Does anyone of you can think of a more suitable one?

1 Like