Leichtschnellboot LS7

A small update on the turret mount and the print conversion. So far so good, cradle and gun carriage are quite good, details like joystick and cable as well. What needs to be changed:
The ring on top has to be split, as you can see the Schamle slot on top where the canopy goes in is filled with flight resin. So we need an inner and lower ring together with the outer ring so that the rings can be fitted into the canopy.
When printing, the inner ring has to be set at an angle, here the slicer freware has put a spanner in the works.
The belt protection on the left side of the Mauser must also be reinforced, unfortunately it is too thin, otherwise the parts fit together quite well and everything fits very neatly into the superstructure, enclosed are some pictures.

3 Likes

the announced changes are implemented and there were also a few “on plaster” cables for the slewing ring carriage.

3 Likes

unnamed (2)

Amazing work!

Thank you gents

Now that the static version is finished, I can start on the RC version. I drew the 18 mm brushless motor, clutch and motor cross and threw them loosely into the engine compartment. I also drew in the ship’s shafts.
To show the details of the turntable mount outside of the boat I drew the suitable transport and mounting frame.

KR

Christian

1 Like

This is an absolutely spectacular peice of 3d modelling, have you considered putting the files up for sale?

Will you be down-scaling this to 1/72?
:smiley: :canada:

It took quite some time to collect all the information, retrieving a copy of an origin al plan from 1942, detailing the Drehkranzlafette - long story short, The files stay on my computer and will not be shared or sold.
I am currently working on the 1:10 RC version with all the bearings and mountings, including tube to fire torpedos (LT850)

which should be ready when the Prusa XL Printer will be delivered I orddered 2,5 years ago. Thus the 1:72 version has to wait.

2 Likes

This is truly amazing. I’ve always wondered what’s in these little schnellboots. They’ve always intrigued me. I love that cannon turret system.

For those curious, there’s a game called War Thunder that’s completely free, you download, install and it involves arcade-like combat between air land and sea forces. This is the first German coastal unit you try out. It’s a lot of fun, but the game as a whole doesn’t interest me, I just like test sailing the units like this and shooting at practice targets lol.