Leopard 2A7 on exercise.1/35 Meng kit

Leopard 2A7 from Meng on exercise smashing through a river ford.

7 Likes

@RedFive, I’m not getting any images here Simon ? … Cancel That, they must of been slow loading my end :smile:

Should be up now. Thx

How was the kit to build? Any major problems or pitfalls? On my list. Great looking mud and splash. Thanks.

1 Like

That looks really great … I love the water effect … How did you get what appears to be the little droplets suspended in front the wagon …

1 Like

Fine. Bits here and there that were typical meng over engineered but overall a nice kit. All the meng kits I’ve made have been excellent. They are just a little more complex in that meng will have 3 parts to make something tamiya do in 1 with little added benefit.

Resin and a water effect “gel” its a woodland scenics one. Goes on like a very thick PVA but dries almost clear.

1 Like

Very effective, you have really captured the smashing through part… Water effects is something I need to practice but dont think rushing in is the way forward… Thanks for posting this.

1 Like

Very nice dynamic effect.

Olivier

1 Like

Lookin’ good ! Love the big splash ! How did you do it and what did you use for the pine trees?
Thanks for sharing !

1 Like

For the tree. I picked up several at a Christmas decoration sale. They are the ones that go in the little model villages and I just clipped them here and there and painted them to suit. Used sticks/twigs for the trunks.

Water wise its resin. I created a mould out of play doh and wrapped it in cling film. Then using the good old synthetic pillow stuffing I brushed resin over the forme and put the stuffingnin thin making sure to get it soaked in resin and spread out. ITS A VERY MESSY JOB. Adding little bits of ink here and there to muddy it up. You have to work it until it starts to firm up (ooh missus) or it just runs off. Time consuming but when the form is removed it looks good. Then I glued it onto the base and poured the main resin around it.

1 Like

Thanks Simon for the tutorial and where to source pine trees.

1 Like