Let's see your Workbench

Tom,
I like the rack made up to military specs, but I have to admit I’m not so dedicated to my models that I actually sleep with them… :joy:

:beer:

3 Likes

With 4 daughters, I am sure it’s his safety bunker for when it gets bad. I feel the same way and only have one. :joy:

2 Likes

With 4 daughters, I am sure it’s his safety bunker for when it gets bad. I feel the same way and only have one. :joy:

LOL Thanks guys. The bed was a compromise with the wife - it had to be available as a guest room, although we already have a guest room. Guess the wife is thinking about opening a B&B without telling me.
4 daughters - well, I have one son youngest and I’d have 10 more sons before 1 more daughter. The worst, besides boyfriends, was when they all went through “the curse” each month at the same time! THAT was a fresh kind of hell!

1 Like

I have noticed that no matter how much space we have, it is never quite enough.

1 Like

I have found that no matter how much space we acquire, we always find enough crap to fill it! :rofl:

4 Likes

I have two older boys and I concur with your assessment.

I was lucky to get an office/hobby room. The wife turned the college son’s room into a kitten foster area (currently 5 kittens). Not sure how next summer will go as I can see us still having many fosters during kitten season because I live with Carol Baskin.

1 Like

Here’s mine… ignore the computer, monitor and food… it’s had to double as my office since March due to covid.

13 Likes

What food?:grin: That’s definitely a nice setup!

Yeah man you’ve got SPACE. And camo net! COOL!

Nice! I see that AnyCubic Photon lurking in the corner!

1 Like

It was hard to resist buying one, being a CAD designer by day… I took me almost a year to convince my wife to let me buy it.

1 Like

Wow everyones benches are great! Im jealous! Here’s my small work bench. Its in a small corner in my bedroom, but the only downside is its near a window so it gets kinda cold. I keep all my paints and tools neatly stored in the drawer beneath the desk.

4 Likes

Hi Ezra,
all you really need is enough space for your current project and all related tools and materials. It looks by the results on your sub model you have everything you need.

Sean

1 Like

Don’t get too whacked out Ezra. You’ve got a beautiful space there. I started on a metal TV tray! It took me 50 years to get my dream bench.

1 Like

I agree. You have a dedicated spot which is awesome. Has a light source and drawers. I have spend years modeling out of the kit box or kitchen table. I still model out the box on occasion for varies reasons.

years ago ,Before we bought a house I worked on the dinning room table. when I was done I packed everything in a carboard box. I had no display area so I gave my models to my son to play with. they lasted seconds lol. Now I have a basement and all the room Ill ever need. Im planning to move. If theres no basement or 2 car garage I aint going lol.

I would say that’s key, not so much the amount of space but the ability to keep things out and not have to pack everything away at the end of each build session.

Sean

1 Like

And to have a space to call YOURS.

1 Like

Same here! Started on a metal TV dinner tray! Next was a beat up 50’s dining room table headed for a land fill.

On a serious note, one only needs space for the tools and item one is working on as mentioned above. Learned to?work on that TV tray ans that about the active space I use even now. Helped with learning to organize etc.

Actually, I’ve noticed with my friends in my club, and the photos here, that no matter how much custom space you assign for modeling activities, you still only work in a 1 square foot area. All the rest is idle, or covered in crap.

8 Likes