Look what I found yesterday! - British M270A1 MLRS

Thank you very much.

Further on my travels today, bumped into this at Blyth beach. A Ferret was the first vehicle that I learnt to drive, granted mine was a Mk2.

2 Likes

Interesting difference between the road wheels and the rest of the vehicle. The two wheels look to be CARC/NATO Green while the rest sure looks close to the Olive green used in the RAF green & gray wraparound schemes.

Hi Peter,
Here’s some more launcher details - sorry I didn’t sooner come across your request!
Peter

Seems like the system doesn’t allow more pics at at time - more to follow w/ separate post.

3 Likes

These are fantastic Peter. Thank you very much.

I apologise for not being able to get pics of under the launcher, I’m led to believe that those launchers are no longer in the barracks.

Next try:

HTH, Peter

2 Likes

No apology needed. I am grateful that you tried and these are excellent. Cheers.

To continue with random Sh*te that I come across. Was out with my son who is home on leave and passed what passes for a gunshop here in blighty. Only air guns but thought they were interesting all the same. The MP40 is especially good in my opinion.

1 Like

Was in Catterick Garrison today getting my contractor pass renewed and these were outside of the HQ. Been a lot of years since I saw a non Stillbrew Chieftain.

Looks in reasonable nick as well for an oldie …

It is yes, though the green paint looks to have faded badly and gone chalky.