MikeyBugs 3D Design and Printing Ideas

The Mark 18 MOD 1 looks great! :grinning:

Ok and quickly afterwards, an SU-237/PVS as best as I can do. This only took about 3 hours to do because I modified my existing TA648 model.

To make things a bit easier, I created an ID system for the various equipment that can be used on this model:
Mk 18 ID: Sight, Foregrip, PEQ, Light, Stock Position, Suppressor
Sights:
A = ACOG
B = 553
C = XPS
D = EXPS
E = Elcan
F = Aimpoint T1

Foregrip:
A = Angled
B = Standard
C = Stubby
Add f,r for forward, or rear position on rail. Leave for middle position

PEQ:
A = PEQ-15 ATPIAL
B = PEQ-15A DBAL
Add l,r for left, or right position on rail. Leave for top position

Light:
A = Surefire M600
B = M3x
Add l,r,b for left, right, or bottom position on rail

Stock Position:
1 = Fully Retracted
2 = Midpoint
3 = Fully Extended

Silencer:
S = Suppressor
_ = No Suppressor

So the model above would be ABAA2. The first picture of the Mk 18 would BBAA2 and the second CCAB2S

If anyone wants, I can also include the Magpul stock from the M27 and a killflash to the ACOG. I’ve seen both being used so if anyone wants it I’ll model it as an option.

Oh, if anyone wants a set with bare rails so they can add their own favorite accessories just let me know. Everything is kept as separate bodies so it’s as easy as a few mouse clicks to get what you need.

2 Likes

Wow Mike, those look awesome. I think your going to give Live Resin a run for their money.

My Lord, I see a storm cloud on the horizon. Nah, it is a dust storm from herds of customers running to pay for Mike for his printing services :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I actually was thinking that. This is a bit squarely in Yaroslav’s territory here but that’s also why I’m not going to do a Mk 18 Mod 0 such as what Live Resin has. That being said, I do highly recommend his products. If someone wants an EoTech 552 in 1/35, Live Resin has that in his scopes set #2. As it turns out, in set #3 is a 1-4x Elcan Spectre just like I had planned on doing. If anyone wants to use a flip-out magnifier on their firearm sets, it’s in LR’s scopes set #1 and #2.

But in other news, it’s off to the printer with the new stuff. I’ll take a break from the M4 derivatives and associate plans for a little bit while I try to chew through some projects that I’ve been neglecting.

1 Like

Well, you are correct as he does have these in his inventory. However, with the current states of affairs I’d say it will be ok to offer up yours for the time being. Getting stuff from Russian market is bit tricky now.

2 Likes

Here’s the Mk18 in 1/35. Unfortunately this is a failed print, you can see the angled lined going across the entire print. These are actually the equivalent of flash and a shifting print. Excess material was cured around the model while the model moved slightly.

And here’s in 1/16. This is an iffy print and I’m not sure if it’s a failed print or not but it’s not really something I’d be sending out. It’s definitely a reprint.

Also my first set of actual wheels. These are Goodyear Wrangler 31x10.5x15 floatation tires for a M1009 CUCV being printed for Gino AKA HeavyArty.

This set came out overexposed and with one of the rear tires missing so I have to reprint it.

2 Likes

Good work, Mike, the 1/16 prints look fine to me. I bet after a coat of primer, you won’t even notice the lines - maybe only a super magnification.

Thank you, unfortunately these are actuall physical protrusions from the surface of the model instead of something similar to layer lines. I find this only happens when I use a program called Lychee Slicer but not with my typical slicer program, Chitubox. Chitubox is no longer ideal, unfortunately, because Chitu has had a bug in it’s most recent versions where I can no longer manually place or modify supports on the model. It’s as if the program doesn’t recognize the model being a valid structure to place supports on. Interestingly it recognizes other supports and I can place supports on them properly.

1 Like

Mikey,
Lychee has a very active Discord presence. Their developers are taking input re: bugs as they continue to refine version 4. Version 4.012 (still a beta release) is what I’m running, but I just saw that they have released 4.1 as a stable release. Let them know what is happening with your prints when you use Lychee slicer.
Bill

2 Likes

After a few days of work, I finally had time to rudimentarily photograph and clean up the models that recently finished printing. A couple 1/16 and 1/35 Mk 18’s and some more wheels for Gino. These were printed at 2.2 seconds instead of 2.3. Actually seems to have made a noticable enough, if slight, difference. At least more than I expected.

These are the 1/16 parts:

And 1/35:

In other news, I made a Hobbymarket.gr seller account and in a while I’ll have that completely set up. It will make purchasing products easier because now you’ll have an actual catalog to browse and a trusted payment system. Because they take out a certain fee, I’ll probably just bump the prices there by that amount to account for the fee.

I don’t use Lychee very much and I’m not even sure what the problem, program side, even is. I’m getting layers of cured resin between the models that shouldn’t be there along with wide strings hanging off the sides of some of the models.

2 Likes

I’ve made my hobbymarket.gr store live and here’s the link:

It’ll take a long time to get everything that I can print up there so hold tight. If you don’t see what you want, I can still print it and sell it, it just won’t transact like it would through the web store. At the moment, it’s just 3 of the Mk 18s and the M27 IAR.

1 Like

And now I do believe I’ve gone and done it. A Mod 0. Still a bit more work needed, though. I need to make a different kind of rear sight and a waffle stock.

Just finished a Waffle Stock so I could use it on more projects.

And just like that, an LMT cut down rear sight is finished along with a standard M4A1 carbine. I recently bought an AimPoint CompM2 clone so when that comes in, I’ll get started on that.

And also the carry handle.

3 Likes

I quickly modified my 551 holographic sight model to make a 552. Here it is on the Mk 18 Mod 0. Other than this, not too much work done today.

2 Likes

Something I haven’t yet announced but had been working on: An AN/PAC-4C. So I suppose this counts as the announcement.

3 Likes

And an Aimpoint CompM2 M68 CCO. I bought an airsoft replica sight so I make this. The mount clamping surface is lacking details but none of it would actually show in print. If anyone wants anything in particular, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

3 Likes

Nice! Would it be difficult to add the ARD and cover caps?

1 Like

Nope, wouldn’t be difficult at all. I can work on that in a bit

1 Like

So I have a new render program. Doesn’t help the printing or the actual design but it does mean I can work on a render and continue working on a design. So these are two renders I made while figuring out the program. I’ve gotta admit, I really like the look of the black background render.

I also managed to make a GPS Grip Pod. This was rendered in Fusion so you can tell how much better the dedicated render program is.

3 Likes