Looking for a proper Normandy Tiger and Panther

Hey all, I’m planning my next build following this Tamiya early Tiger that i’m doing OOTB. I’m looking to build a proper Tiger from Normandy, not Wittman’s specifically. I’d also like to work on my first Panther. That said, I’ve been out of the hobby for many years and Scalemates has been a good help on finding new re-tools of kits. It’s nice to see Tamiya is still pumping out new kits along with Dragon models.

Anyway, the short of it: Whats the most accurate Tiger and Panther kits for Normandy?

Maybe this one 6947 - 1/35 Tiger I Late Production w/Zimmerit (Normandy 1944) - Dragon Plastic Model Kits for a Late Tiger 1.

Maybe this for a Panther. Sd.Kfz.171 Panther A Late Type Normandy 1944, Dragon 6168MT (2017)

Top, thanks for the links. I was looking at that Dragon kit and comparing it against Tamiya’s Late version, kit number 25401 https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya-25401-tiger-i–967507.

I’ve got Tigers in Combat Vol 1 and 2 on the way, that’ll help me as well.

Take the Dragon over the Tamiya kit. You will probably want some aftermarket parts. The Tiger would do well with a set of Friuel track and the Panther could use a set of Atak zim.

Atak Panther Ausf. A late, Sd.Kfz. 171 Zimmerit, Atak Model 35041

Friule track Scalehobbyist.com: Tiger I Mid-late Track Set (220 Links) by Friulmodel Tracks

I think you can use also AFV Club Tiger I Late should be fine

This is a great “Mid Tiger” for Normandy, if you can find it: “Tiger I Mid-Production w/Zimmerit” from Dragon. It has decals for some Tigers of SS.101 in Normandy.

They re-released it a few years ago with fewer decals, nothing to do with Normandy, calling it “s.Pz.Abt.506 Tiger”.

David